What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons selection are head scratchers

teza

Juniors
I previously said the Dragons are in disarray, latest selections show the club is a complete and utter disaster.
Liddle plays 2nd fiddle to Mbye and gets dropped. I've been critical of Lomax's form but demoting him to the bench and relieving him of goal kicking duties would have given him the rev-up needed. Wonder how long Sua will last before another trip to the judiciary? Ben Hunt should be renamed 'Koala' I.e., a protected species because just every one knows he should be playing hooker to most benefit the team.

Saxon

Bench
Like the Tigpies, the only way to change the Dragons is a new broom. Starting right at the top.
Chairman, CEO, Board, coach (and coaching staff) and Recruitment all need to go.
Bring in some experienced people from successful teams with a good culture who are looking to move up to the next level. Poach a CEO if need be, like the Broncos did with Dave Donaghy from Melbourne Storm.
Bring in a good proven coach - Mick Potter maybe, or someone with smarts and a real passion for the game like Tooves - but for God's sake don't give them the key to the salary cap.

Fangs

Coach
I half expected Zac Lomax at fullback after Sloan's efforts in defence last week. Even Mbye which would be an apt call for Griffin to make.

soc123_au

Staff member
Only PENRITH are worthy of a dedicated thread on the NRL sub. Take it to the Dragons sub peasants.

teza

Juniors
Well, its now or never this season for the Dragons. I hope the team can really dig deep defensively and show some enterprise with
the ball. If they do these 2 things they should be able to overcome an improving Tigers team. Ben Hunt should provide spark out of dummy half and having the Feagai boys together could well be a glimpse of the future, as will be the halves pairing of
Amone and Sullivan. Let the Dragons roar and give us long suffering fans something to cheer about!

Hutty1986

Immortal
Sunday afternoon at Suncorp, and the Dragons need to pull a rabbit out of a hat for Magic Round. Four weeks in a row they've had their pockets picked, and to quote the great Paul Kelly, their funds are runnin' low.
The Tigers found their claws in the wet last weekend, beating up the premiers and breaking their drought. They're hungry again, and roasted Dragon is on the menu.
Who reigns supreme?
Who can inch further away from the dreaded spoon?
There's only one place to find out...on Fox League.