What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons side v Knights - Mat Head named in reserves.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragons name same 17 for Knights clash
Written by: Dragons media
4/04/2006

St George Illawarra Coach Nathan Brown has selected the same 17 players who defeated Brisbane last weekend for the Dragons clash with Newcastle at WIN Stadium this Saturday night.

The only change to the starting side from last week will see Sam Isemonger start the game in the second row with Corey Payne to come from the interchange.

Mathew Head will make a much anticipated and welcomed return to rugby league having injured his knee in Rnd 14 last season.

Unavailable Dragons due to injury are: Wes Naiqama (ankle), Shaun Timmins (knee), Luke Bailey (Knee) and Jason Ryles (Hand).

Dragons NRL Team List
v Newcastle Knights
7.30pm Saturday 8 April
WIN Stadium

1. Ben HORNBY
2. Reece SIMMONDS
3. Daryl MILLARD
4. Matt COOPER
5. Colin BEST
6. Mark GASNIER
7. Trent BARRETT (c)
8. Justin POORE
9. Dean YOUNG
10. Michael HENDERSON
11. Sam ISEMONGER
12. Ashton SIMS
13. Matt BICKERSTAFF

Interchange:
14. Andrew PRICE
15. Ben CREAGH
16. Corey PAYNE
17. Aaron GORRELL

www.jubileeavenue.com.au

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Premier League Squad
v Newcastle Knights
5.30pm Saturday 8 April
WIN Stadium
Coach: Steven Price

1. Clint GREENSHIELDS
2. Josh MORRIS
3. Brett MORRIS
4. Beau RYAN
5. Tom HEWITT
6. Chris SHEPPARD (c)
7. Mathew HEAD
8. Charlie LEAENO
9. George NDAIRA
10. Chris HOUSTON (c)
11. Tom HABERECHT
12. Lee TE MAARI
13. Aaron WHEATLEY
14. Danny WICKS
15. Jamie DUNNING
16. James JIMENEZ
17. Reece BLAYNEY
18. Jamie KEITH
19. Bryson GOODWIN
20. Beau MUNDINE
21. Willie TUPOU
22. Damon ALLEY-TOVIO

Jersey Flegg Squad
v Newcastle Knights
3.50pm Saturday 8 April
WIN Stadium
Coach: Corey Pearson

1. Jason NIGHTINGALE
2. Rota SETU
3. Junior SEUMANUTAFA
4. Keith LULIA
5. Luke IRWIN
6. Richard WILLIAMS
7. Matt SEAMARK
8. Luke HOWELL
9. Brad DAVIDSON
10. Chris FARRELL
11. Lagi SETU
12. James GREHAN
13. Brian WEST (c)
14. Luke YOUNG
15. Francis LANGIFISI
16. Lewis McPHAIL
17. Blake DUREAU
18. James KEELAN
19. Nathan WYNN
20. Peter REEVES
21. Peter WAKLEY

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Knights side for clash with Dragons
Written by: Knights News
4/04/2006

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

NEWCASTLE v DRAGONS AT WIN STADIUM

7.30PM SATURDAY, 8 APRIL 2006

FIRST GRADE

Coach: Michael Hagan

Milton Thaiday
Brian Carney
Matthew Gidley
George Carmont
Anthony Quinn
Kurt Gidley
Andrew Johns (C)
Craig Smith
Danny Buderus
Josh Perry
Steve Simpson
Kirk Reynoldson
Reegan Tanner
INTERCHANGE

Adam Woolnough
Daniel Tolar
Riley Brown
Todd Lowrie

Frederick

Staff member
How's Willie Tupou going? I went to primary school with him up here in Newcastle, and had pretty much forgotten about him until I saw him play in a lower grade final either last year or year before (damn lousy memory lol)

Roy

Juniors
an how is houston going, i went to school with him an played a little footy with him in high school. His mum was my teacher in primary school

Collateral

Coach
Captain_Fred said:
How's Willie Tupou going? I went to primary school with him up here in Newcastle, and had pretty much forgotten about him until I saw him play in a lower grade final either last year or year before (damn lousy memory lol)

Has the talent to make FG but lacks the enthusiasm from all reports.

Also good to see that Damon Alley-Tovio is making his return from injury on the bench for PL.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
HMS Cheesemaker said:
Lordy Lordy, with the return of a few players that Permier League team looks incredible.
Looks like a strong outfit - big squad named so few very good players will have to watch from the sideline.

The Flegg should be a good match as well with both Saints and Newcastle undefeated so far this year.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
The stint in PL should do Head a world of good. I'm glad they didn't rush him back into the FG side. Giving him a couple of runs at PL will not only help his fitness and confidence, but help him to get back into the rythm of things.

I'm happy to see Saints being patient enough to put him through the lower grades and not throw him back into the fold. It's a good sign from management to see that happening.

Ribs

Bench
Id like for him to play limited game time though, which Im assuming he will. It would be a disaster for him to re-injure in PL.

I for one will be cringing when he gets tackled for the next few weeks.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Ribs said:
Id like for him to play limited game time though, which Im assuming he will. It would be a disaster for him to re-injure in PL.

I for one will be cringing when he gets tackled for the next few weeks.

Agreed.

Another 'Brett Firman' would be terrible. I still remember seeing him stretchered off against Newtown, and we got lucky because Maty was ready to step up that year. I don't think we have the same halves depth this year.

Trenno

Juniors
The mrs is a knights fan and loves Joey, so heres hoping that he is injured this week...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Trenno said:
The mrs is a knights fan and loves Joey, so heres hoping that he is injured this week...

I think every team playing the Knights wish that at the moment.

petetheileet

First Grade
I'm hoping he plays....we proved last year we could beat them at their best and im confident we can do it again! If he doesnt play we will have to put up with another week of "How great a player he is and how John's would have made such a difference if he had played."

The Preacher

First Grade
Welcome to the Dragons forum Pete. I saw your name down as the newest member earlier. Good to see where your allegiances are. :)

petetheileet

First Grade
lol tnx preacher im looking foward to posting heaps! sooo many forums and soo many fools from other teams im gna hav heaps of fun here! lol

RABK

Referee
petetheileet said:
lol tnx preacher im looking foward to posting heaps! sooo many forums and soo many fools from other teams im gna hav heaps of fun here! lol

Yes, in one day you've already proven to be nothing but an arrogant troll. Enjoy the egg.

Newton and Johns both near certain to play now. Final fitness tests tomorrow morning.

Latest posts