What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Paul Turner for two seasons

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
The Dragons are pleased to announce the signing of Māori All Stars playmaker Paul Turner for the 2023 and 2024 seasons.

The 22-year-old joins the Dragons from the Gold Coast, where he played seven NRL games in 2022, effective immediately.

"Paul brings that utility value we've been looking to add to the depth of the squad," said Dragons General Manager of Football Ben Haran.

"He'll prove to be a handy addition throughout the season and we look forward to him joining the squad on Monday."

rasaint

Juniors
I want to be positive but the Titians seemed to wave him goodbye with a who cares approach. Apparently, never sufficiently impressed them and behind other players. A couple of highlight clips from reserve grade a few years ago indicate a player with genuine zip.

like many posters I have seen a lot of highlight clips from reserve grade which look good but never translate to NRL standard. We have a young 5/8 who was interviewed recently and seemed to be very grounded ( can’t remember name but may have played against St Helens).

Any we have bought Paul so lets hope he goes well.

RV2010

Juniors
Why can’t the Dragons get it right. We are so screwed up it is ridiculous. Is Paul Turner going to be any better than what we have? Haran and Hooks depth signing for 2 years, it’s comical how we have a knack for continually closing the door on some of our juniors? I despise the Riff, but they show belief in their juniors and give them time to develop. Dragons seem to be always looking for a quick fix. Correct me if I’m wrong @rasaint, but I think it was Herring you were referring to.
@Number of the Beath
Surely the coach will start Sullivan at 6, if he doesn’t, we are going to be in for a tough day at the office. Can’t bear to watch the Titans game if Mbye is 6.

Victoire

Juniors
Considering we're a week out from the season kickoff, it's about the best anyone could do in the circumstances. With Amone (probably) gone we needed another body in the halves depth chart, and Turner is young, has shown talent at junior level and was also pretty great at Q Cup. Could've done worse. I just hope and pray and beg that he doesn't leapfrog Sullivan into the starting side

Old Timer

Coach
O for a Hasler cleaning the place up on a 2 season contract and Brown replacing Haran !!
People can forget about Des there is absolutely no chance he is coming to us as a coach.

He is now looking for a transfer into the administration side of the game and if Des is as smart as I think he is he will know that our fractured club is not the place to make the cross over unless of course Win sell their share of the club and that isn't happening anytime soon.

Victoire

Juniors
Roosters Landing Young and Leniu as well

we are so far behind it’s not funny
A few months ago there were people in here defending the club and deriding Matt Cooper when he criticised the administration for reneging on a post-football career promise. Meanwhile, the Roosters, who have gained a reputation for looking after their retired players, make marquee signings on the regular, and we land the likes of Musgrove and Liddle. Whoda thunk it

Victoire

Juniors
People can forget about Des there is absolutely no chance he is coming to us as a coach.

He is now looking for a transfer into the administration side of the game and if Des is as smart as I think he is he will know that our fractured club is not the place to make the cross over unless of course Win sell their share of the club and that isn't happening anytime soon.
Beggars can't be choosers. A succession/transition plan with a younger coach could feasibly be the way forward for Hasler and this club - similar to the Sheens/Benji or Bennett/Woolf situation at the Tigers & Dolphins. Hasler comes in with Ryles/Young/Hornby and hands the head coach role over after 2 years before moving into an overseer/management role. This club, however, is not great at succession planning so that might be a problem.

Old Timer

Coach
A few months ago there were people in here defending the club and deriding Matt Cooper when he criticised the administration for reneging on a post-football career promise. Meanwhile, the Roosters, who have gained a reputation for looking after their retired players, make marquee signings on the regular, and we land the likes of Musgrove and Liddle. Whoda thunk it
Whose think it well anyone with brains would have

Regardless of all the carry on about St George this St George that, the simple fact remains that the Illawarra Steelers had become the Dodo birds of the NRL and despite all their “best efforts” and their “much vaunted junior nursery”they were a complete and utter failure.

Are we responsible for being suckered in there is no doubt we fell for the 3 Card Monte and that is our sin to bare but the NRL are also responsible for their role in this fiasco by selling us a pup.

Having a failure as your partner was always a recipe for disaster and the stench that is Illawarra was pungent in the air.

Once the ink was dry on the contracts this was always going to be the outcome and anyone who thought differently was kidding themselves.

Board full of nepotism joins failed board full of nepotism with a benefactor with short arms and deep pockets = clusterf**k

Latest posts