What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons social media data base numbers

jay mac

Juniors
I'd say it has more to do with the club's philosophy on fan engagement than anything else. For example, if I were running the social media account, I'd personally like every single post with #redv (well, the positive ones). But there is very little of this going on.

Not to mention Doust's letters to the fans. Laughable.

dragonreddy

Juniors
It's not the Fans' fault.
The whole social media and internet profile of our club is old hat and dreary.
Content is what it's all about and our content is run of the mill and boring.
Social media has now become a commercial science that needs real investment and input.
Given the way the club is run and the long toothed nature of the Board, it is not surprising that we are lagging behind the times.
It is not enough to have a website and Facebook page.
You actually have to pump it with interesting content and especially video content.
I am not sure our mob knows what it requires to grow social media following.
If the figures you quote are true, they are pathetic for a club like St. George.

The apathy through the whole organisation is palpable ,no doubt Doust still thinks the internet is just a passing fad.

The social media aspect of the club is run like the rest of the joint, people going through the motions to collect a pay- cheque and not much else ,this includes most of the playing squad as well unfortunately.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Pretty disappointed we only have 171k facebook page fans and other clubs well over 400k...dont getting me started on Twitter etc. For a club as popular as ours why are our numbers so low? Is it cause we have no clue how to maximise it or our fans are dumb f**ks still using Nokia 3110 and Motorola StarTacs on 2G?
couldn't give a f**k about facebook, personally.

never got on there early on, and have stayed off it.

number of my friends have since ditched the service, and have commented how much better their lives have been without it.

give me bums on seats at Kogarah or WIN over 10x the number of facebook likes.

flamin

Juniors
couldn't give a f**k about facebook, personally.

never got on there early on, and have stayed off it.

number of my friends have since ditched the service, and have commented how much better their lives have been without it.

give me bums on seats at Kogarah or WIN over 10x the number of facebook likes.

You can do what you like with Facebook (I don't have on either) or social media in general but it's naive to think that it doesn't have influence - and it can only get more influential.

Of course bums on seats is more important but the two will correlate more and more over time.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You can do what you like with Facebook (I don't have on either) or social media in general but it's naive to think that it doesn't have influence - and it can only get more influential.

Of course bums on seats is more important but the two will correlate more and more over time.
facebook will crash and burn eventually..

FlameThrower

Bench
Plenty of Dragons Fan pages on Facebook. One of the most followed teams and the fanbase may be older due to 11 in a row . The Club can certainly improve in its delivery and presentation of articles. I don't follow any other NRL Club or AFL or A League- so can't comment on other Clubs style... but we are always very quick to just bag the Club like it's the only one that can lift its social media strategy...

jay mac

Juniors
Saying Facebook and social media is unimportant in 2017 is like saying television is unimportant to a rugby league brand. It's actually probably more important than TV for brand recognition and marketability, and easily more ROI positive, because it is where the vast majority of attention is focussed and it's fkn cheap compared to traditional advertising. Every ad break, every spare minute in the car, waiting for a bus/train etc etc. people are on their phones. We sit here on this forum and complain about the club's inability to attract players, sponsors, TPA's yet some think we shouldn't worry too much about our social media presence? Give me a break. How do you think we get those bums on seats; smoke signals?

ALSGI

Bench
Saying Facebook and social media is unimportant in 2017 is like saying television is unimportant to a rugby league brand. It's actually probably more important than TV for brand recognition and marketability, and easily more ROI positive, because it is where the vast majority of attention is focussed and it's fkn cheap compared to traditional advertising. Every ad break, every spare minute in the car, waiting for a bus/train etc etc. people are on their phones. We sit here on this forum and complain about the club's inability to attract players, sponsors, TPA's yet some think we shouldn't worry too much about our social media presence? Give me a break. How do you think we get those bums on seats; smoke signals?
Agree mate, FB in this age it's vital and it's not only here to stay it'll get bigger for NRL clubs.
I don't like FB much but when I do have a look it's great way for fans to interact even though some of the comments are shit.
As for our Dragons website - 3rd rate amateurish.
I'm wondering if all the jobs at the club are 'old boys', ie family, friends etc of Board and ex players. They could do a lot better at Marketing and fan engagement but just don't seem to give a shit.
Raiders fan engagement at the ground next Friday night is a lesson that could and should be learned by our mob.

ieatbread

Juniors
Facebook is an avenue for people to post shit.
then you're following the wrong people.

Facebook is an avenue to keep in touch with family living interstate and kids living overseas. We get plenty of our business through facebook likes and shares. Facebook has it faults sure but that's society not facebook.

then you're following the wrong people.

Facebook is an avenue to keep in touch with family living interstate and kids living overseas. We get plenty of our business through facebook likes and shares. Facebook has it faults sure but that's society not facebook.
I use a phone to keep in contact with my family I rather hear their voice then see words on a screen.

I don't have a buisness but I can see its value there.

I work on in the middle of no where alot so what time i do get near a computer I just post shit here lol.

Saintsified

Bench
facebook will crash and burn eventually..
They said that after when we got to 10 titles in a row, then came the 11th then crashed after that...., few comebacks but never a roll on, never recovered fully, we are now shit.

Latest posts