What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon's Spine

Which combination would make the best spine for the Dragon's in 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Godz Illa

Coach
The apostrophe in the title has thrown me. I know that The Andes are referred to as "The Dragon's Back". And what an amazing mountain range it is over there. Never been though. Not yet anyway. Someday!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fair enough, and personally I think Nightingale should stay where he is. No point moving one of the best wingers in the world.

Here's mine:
1. Stanley
6. Soward
7. Hornby
9. Rein

Mitch Rein just over Cameron King - Rein has the runs on the board. Hope to King ease he way into the side later in the season.

Hoekstra

Juniors
I would like to see Kyle given a run in the full back role for the trial games. I'm confident he could be an additional play maker but I'm interested to see how he would go with the bread and butter stuff like defusing bombs and his defensive reads etc.

Ben Barba is a different player from Kyle, but he showed me last season how it can all go wrong without the basics.

getsmarty

Immortal
Fair enough, and personally I think Nightingale should stay where he is. No point moving one of the best wingers in the world.

Here's mine:
1. Stanley
6. Soward
7. Hornby
9. Rein

Mitch Rein just over Cameron King - Rein has the runs on the board. Hope to King ease he way into the side later in the season.

Agree Willow...only other option would be 1. Kemp/stanley 9/Rein/King ...the above Offered Kemp option is silly...Hornby will definitely be there...the guys a legend...He will know when its time to hang up the boots...same with young and Coops.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
My pick is this.
1. Nightingale
6. Nightingale
7. Nightingale
9. Nightingale

My preferred spine is as per below:-

1. Nightingale
6. Stanley
7. Hornby / 2nd choice Soward
9. King/Rein or Fien. All quality players. Not fussed in who starts as long as it is not Young. Young should be the lock in the starting line up.

Vidot and Kemp to be Centre and Wing in place of Gaz and Nightingale. Both excellent buys for the club to fill the void.

In all serioussness. If K.Stanley is not injured, Saints have a heap of great options. K.Stanley can kick goals which also helps. Having K.Stanley and Soward both on the field will be good back up in case one is injured during the game. No more Hornby kicking goals. From memory Kemp is also a good goal kicker. Goodwin and Chase Stanley are also good back up for Kemp and Vidot.

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench

Here's mine:
1. Stanley
6. Soward
7. Hornby
9. Rein

4/4... want to go for the rest?

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
1.goodwin
6.soward
7.hornby
9.king

I would have k.stanley in centres. Vidot seems to much of a risk as his defence is hit and miss, on occasions his reads in defence are terrible. For the 2 games Bronx played last year I thought he was great, so IMO he deserves an opportunity. Here is my full side

1.goodwin
2.morris
3.stanley
4.cooper
5.nightingale
6.soward
7.hornby
8.merrin
9.king
10.weyman
11.scott
12.creagh