What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon's Spine

Which combination would make the best spine for the Dragon's in 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bribieboy

Juniors
I can't say you'd be wrong Chock but I thought Fien was starting to look a bit slow 2nd half of last year and the young coach might go with our two young hookers leaving Fien to fill in from the lower grades?

Minh

First Grade
Fien will be in the team. Offers more than rein and is better cover for halves as well.
Don't underestimte how important his experience is. He had a slow second half of the season in 2011 but for me he still has what it takes. Very smart player.

Fien is somewhat a forgotten man, but would still be a very useful "world class" player when in form or should I say recapture his old form with plenty of versatility as well.

trudge

Bench
Fien is a definite. A current international, wylie and versatile for an injury in the halves.

King and Rein will fight for the other spot. Rein on points for now.

hardbaby

Coach
Start of the season:

1. K Stanley
6. Soward
7. Hornby
9. Fien (with Rein on the bench)

End of season:
1, 6 & 7 the same
9. King (with Fien on the bench due to his experience in the halves)

Next year:
1. New fullback (hopefully Stewart) although I rate Cummins highly
6. K Stanley
7. Soward
9. King (with Rein on the bench)

Next year's line up could develop into something special!!
But they probably need to bide their time and wait for a few players to retire.

77Dragons

Juniors
Fair enough, and personally I think Nightingale should stay where he is. No point moving one of the best wingers in the world.

Here's mine:
1. Stanley
6. Soward
7. Hornby
9. Rein

Mitch Rein just over Cameron King - Rein has the runs on the board. Hope to King ease he way into the side later in the season.

totally agree - couldnt vote for any of the above with no mention of rein

gypsy

Bench
totally agree - couldnt vote for any of the above with no mention of rein

Well the poll was made my possm....so can't expect a great deal.

I have been saying for a few weeks now that Carney is going to be at the Dragons next year.
He is looking at a three year deal and I hope it is done and dusted next week.

Last edited:

gypsy

Bench
Really dont understand all this talk of "easing King into the team" later in the year etc.

King was ahead of Rein and still should be. Start with king for god's sake!

I'd actually start Prior in the 9. He would get more touches, and that can only be a benefit.
Prior.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I'd actually start Prior in the 9. He would get more touches, and that can only be a benefit.
Prior.

That's a great idea. He's so talented. Offers great off load skills, very rarely knocks the ball on when the team is under pressure.

Good thinking gypsy.

Hoekstra

Juniors
According to the Rugby League Week twitter feed Steve Price has confirmed at the Charity Shield launch today that Kyle Stanley will start at fullback for the match.

TheRev

First Grade
According to the Rugby League Week twitter feed Steve Price has confirmed at the Charity Shield launch today that Kyle Stanley will start at fullback for the match.

They call it 'first crack' @ fullback, but im certainly hoping this could be a year for him to stay fit and make a real go of first grade.

Bring back choc

Juniors
To be honest, it was our only option. Well our only "serious option".
Nightingale is one of worlds best wingers. Goodwin IMO was never going to be our starting fullback.
He's handy, but I wouldn't want him as our no.1

We lost moltzen... So end of story.

Stanley it is.

Hoekstra

Juniors
I agree choc. I hope he mangages to stay injury free so he can give it a real shake, but if not I think Kemp and Goodwin are decent cover.