What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons table three-year deal to Moses Suli

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
Norman's gone and anyone who wanted him to stay has got my serious doubts about them. What's the saying....something's fishy or stinky in the state of Denmark.....or is it Sweden.....dam where do they eat that fermented ti herring 😖

shiloh dc

Juniors
50yr supporter - 1st post in over 12+ years - constant reader - (had to reregister - couldn't remember password).
Suli is not worth more than 250K. Average player at best. Turning circle of an ocean liner. Watch his weight balloon next year. Very little creativity. Manly supporters are cheering. Manly management are buying lottery tickets.
Clearly confirms to me the current dragons recruitment committee have no idea. How they let Saab go is incomprehensible.
Without substantial change going forward we will be lucky to make semis once every 5 years. We will continue to be an academy side for the other teams as we will not be able to attract talent for anything other than overs.
Our supporter base as a percentage of all supporters must be reducing as we play an unwatchable style with many unlikable players.
Wont be long before we are considered Nulla's little brother.
For me this is an all-time low.

BIG RIG

Juniors
50yr supporter - 1st post in over 12+ years - constant reader - (had to reregister - couldn't remember password).
Suli is not worth more than 250K. Average player at best. Turning circle of an ocean liner. Watch his weight balloon next year. Very little creativity. Manly supporters are cheering. Manly management are buying lottery tickets.
Clearly confirms to me the current dragons recruitment committee have no idea. How they let Saab go is incomprehensible.
Without substantial change going forward we will be lucky to make semis once every 5 years. We will continue to be an academy side for the other teams as we will not be able to attract talent for anything other than overs.
Our supporter base as a percentage of all supporters must be reducing as we play an unwatchable style with many unlikable players.
To be fair Saab was hell bent on leaving at the relationship between him and the club was completely untenable

redv13

Bench
Welcome aboard Shiloh dc. Saab was always going with the amount of drama he was causing, Saints didn’t want to lose him but obviously Saab got what he wanted in the end and that was out. Also I think that’s a little harsh on Suli, not worth 250k plus. Past issues and attitude yeah but has some serious talent when he wants to play

SnowDragon

Juniors
Norman's gone and anyone who wanted him to stay has got my serious doubts about them. What's the saying....something's fishy or stinky in the state of Denmark.....or is it Sweden.....dam where do they eat that fermented ti herring 😖
Leave us poor Swedes in peace, otherwise I’ll send over the surströmming

its Denmark that’s rotten (& our herring 😂)

Dragon David

First Grade
i think your spot on with hasler having his grubby hands all over the outcome.
Well it only goes to show that somebody like Hasler is more popular than anyone at our club. If we had someone other than Mary as the coach at the time and that the other coach had tons of faith in Saab, he might have stayed. And that's not saying Hook is the other coach because at the time of Saab's "whinging", Hook wasn't even in the picture (I don't think).

denis preston

First Grade
575k a season ?. If Manly chipping in the first year i guess it comes down to about $520-540 k a year which isn't over the top.
Good news hearing that Suli has been signed plus the additions to our pack for next year, we are gonna be so much stronger, surely Griffin and co have more up there sleeve but we are already so much better next year as for Sims well if he wants to carry on and move too another club he might aswell go to the Bulldogs with Vaughn and dufty.. good luck to them all Griffin is doing the best he can at the moment and I feel sorry for him only being given 2 years to fix 11 years of mess. Mary's gone, Norman's gone life's good, did I say Norman's GONE? I'm over the moon we are only going to go up now, we are managing the cap well and fixing the mess. I'm more then optimistic for next year just gotta stay positive and back the decisions being made and we will be back on top again!
Still good news with Hooks 2 years. Dont think the club expects him to fix all the mess in that time but if he is tracking nowhere near it then no payout from us & move on. My optimistic view is that with the new signings, playing at home , reserve grade back and all players & coaches together we will go well enough for the club to take up the 3rd year option. Particularly if the coach can rail in some left field selections and not play favourites !

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
To be fair Saab was hell bent on leaving at the relationship between him and the club was completely untenable
Yes- in the end, it was about his strong ties to a Westfield Sports High mate, Keith Titmuss who was at Manly but is now deceased and who Schuster was also close to. Blood ties are particularly important to players of Pacific Island background so little we could have done.

denis preston

First Grade
Have you been posting on facebook the past 12 years ?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Still no official confirmation of Suli signing with us anywhere I can find- makes me wonder whether Danny Weidler's story that the $50K transfer fee is no longer an issue is correct.

Gareth67

First Grade
Still no official confirmation of Suli signing with us anywhere I can find- makes me wonder whether Danny Weidler's story that the $50K transfer fee is no longer an issue is correct.

I wondering the same . Surely he would not change his mind once again , or the media has jumped the gun ?

Perhaps the club is waiting for the 2 weeks to expire before the announcement .