What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons team Vs Titans

FlameThrower

Bench
Boys playing ok 16 to 0 at half time. A couple bombed tries out wide we could be 24 plus.. See what happens in 2nd half?

kit66

Bench
Good to get a win but extremely disappointing in the last 20mins where we seemed to relax way too much. Could have really helped our for and against with a bit more effort. The second 20 of the first half could have been better as well. We have to play for the full 80 to be a chance against Brisbane next week.
Good signs though from the likes of Benji, Thompson, Matthews and especially Ah Mau all having great games today and just keep getting better behind what's shaping as a very competitive team.
Didn't mind the bench today either apart from maybe Style ( although he put in some great defence ).
I'd be very surprised if we made the eight but I'm looking forward to next year. if our off season recruiting is any good we could be in for a good 2015.

tumbidragon

First Grade
The most pleasing thing for me was the fact that our boys belted 7 shades of shyte out of theirs in defense. Think they forced 5 or 6 drop balls just through bruising D :D All the boys played well but I'd like to take my hat off to Mathews. He was severely underutilised by Supercoach who continually stuck with under performers like Harrison and Hunt. He's worked hard to get a shot through Mary and hasn't let anyone down :) Plus he can put on some beautiful shots!

tumbidragon

First Grade
Pretty sure he was languishing in the Cutters. I don't know why that was, as every game I've seen him play he has been very solid. Makes good meters, has an offload in him as well as sound defense. Really hope Mary offers him a contract extension because I'm pretty sure hes off contract next season or the following.

GT0007

Juniors
Where has Matthews been all this time? What a machine

How was that hit he pulled off!!! I saw him do one in NSW Cup against Wyong even bigger. He is a star of the future and should be on our bench every week! He wasn't as good under Price but has responded under Mary

GT0007

Juniors
Good to get a win but extremely disappointing in the last 20mins where we seemed to relax way too much. Could have really helped our for and against with a bit more effort. The second 20 of the first half could have been better as well. We have to play for the full 80 to be a chance against Brisbane next week.
Good signs though from the likes of Benji, Thompson, Matthews and especially Ah Mau all having great games today and just keep getting better behind what's shaping as a very competitive team.
Didn't mind the bench today either apart from maybe Style ( although he put in some great defence ).
I'd be very surprised if we made the eight but I'm looking forward to next year. if our off season recruiting is any good we could be in for a good 2015.

We were always going to slow up on points once Benji rolled his ankle and it was a bonus he set up a try after that. I wouldve pick Stockwell over Style personally but a good thing with Benji's injury that Style could cover him. I'd prefer Quinlan as utility and I'm still waiting for Beale to contribute at fullback. Mata is going well in the centres so it's going to be interesting who plays this week with Benji and Dugan in doubt. Was it my imagination or did Creagh not play many mins again?

kit66

Bench
Where has Matthews been all this time? What a machine

I've been wondering that myself for ages. I remember his few appearences from the last two years and he impressed on each occasion I saw him. One distinct memory was a massive hit he put on an attacker who was in for a try for all money, Matthews came from nowhere and smashed him one on one. It went unnoticed by the commentary team because the action went on and it was overlooked but he always seems to come up with those big hits when needed. Hope we keep him.

BennyV

Referee
Kudos to Matthews. Has definitely lifted his.game in the last few months and.is showing some killer form. HOWEVER, he is not a 'star of the future' at 26, and if our recruiting is any good and we nab the 2 good forwards we need, he wont be in our best 17. Same with Ah Mau. And thats how it should be, we should have decent players as our depth players rather than the Groats, Harrisons etc.

Benji and Widdop are really combining well, but someone needs to teach them se tactical kicking. They are prbably at around 70% as good as we need to be to be truly dominant. I'm also enjoying Peter M, showing he should have been picked all year and how laughable it was that Price picked Green before him...

rainman44

Bench
How was that hit he pulled off!!! I saw him do one in NSW Cup against Wyong even bigger. He is a star of the future and should be on our bench every week! He wasn't as good under Price but has responded under Mary
He looks the goods and should be given a contract before another team gets in.

rainman44

Bench
Kudos to Matthews. Has definitely lifted his.game in the last few months and.is showing some killer form. HOWEVER, he is not a 'star of the future' at 26, and if our recruiting is any good and we nab the 2 good forwards we need, he wont be in our best 17. Same with Ah Mau. And thats how it should be, we should have decent players as our depth players rather than the Groats, Harrisons etc.

Benji and Widdop are really combining well, but someone needs to teach them se tactical kicking. They are prbably at around 70% as good as we need to be to be truly dominant. I'm also enjoying Peter M, showing he should have been picked all year and how laughable it was that Price picked Green before him...
I think at 26 is perfect and i would keep him for sure at the right price.

BennyV

Referee
I think at 26 is perfect and i would keep him for sure at the right price.

Oh no doubt we should keep him. But as I said, he (along with a few others) shouldn't be in our Top 17 and if they are, we should be looking at upgrading our pack. Ive got no issie with keeping him on board and at the top of the depth list.

rainman44

Bench
Oh no doubt we should keep him. But as I said, he (along with a few others) shouldn't be in our Top 17 and if they are, we should be looking at upgrading our pack. Ive got no issie with keeping him on board and at the top of the depth list.
Exactly

dino2170

Juniors
good to see the boys came to play but me thinks its too late for this year. COULD I BE WRONG- IS IT SOMETHING ABOUT MARY??????

nah YOU WILL SEE CHILDREN MARY IS JUST A DISCIPLE OF THE EVIL ONE- PRICE IS THE DEVIL

Mary will discintergrate into a blithering mess soon and where will we be

GT0007

Juniors

Currently he should definately be in our top 17 and 26 is the age they have reached there size, power and confidence. Matthews seem very powerful with good footwork and is not intimidated. If he plays reguarly IMO he will be awesome of the bench and may push for top 13. Au Mau was awesome today as well and needs to get credit when he is to balance the bagging he cops when he makes 1 or 2 defensive errors. If we can get all of our forwards playing at their peak at the same time we can give the comp a shake with just one big scary bastard no one wants to #uck with.

GT0007

Juniors
good to see the boys came to play but me thinks its too late for this year. COULD I BE WRONG- IS IT SOMETHING ABOUT MARY??????

nah YOU WILL SEE CHILDREN MARY IS JUST A DISCIPLE OF THE EVIL ONE- PRICE IS THE DEVIL

Mary will discintergrate into a blithering mess soon and where will we be

Seriously? If you can't enjoy a win switch the box off and don't watch. Whats the point?

GT0007

Juniors
Widdop was off today big time, I heard he got MOM and I have no clue why. His kicking game was terrible as was his passing game, defensively I thought he was great. While it would be a miracle for us to make the 8 I'd hate to be the team playing us if we do as we are very hard to defend against if the rest of our game is in order. Massive strike power and unpredictabilty across the park. I thought we could've done better in the wrestle today and got caught out with 1 or no markers too often.

So to sum it up we still have plenty of improvement and we got to enjoy another game so life is pretty good today

Latest posts