What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons team vs woManly

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragons wear pink to celebrate Women in League Round

Written by: St George Illawarra Dragons Media
Jun 21, 2011 2:26pm
DRAGONS WEAR PINK V TO CELEBRATE WOMEN IN LEAGUE ROUND

The St. George Bank Dragons will be wearing commemorative Pink V jerseys to celebrate their Women in League Round clash with the Manly Sea-Eagles at the newly redeveloped WIN Stadium, Wollongong this Monday.

Each player's jersey will be auctioned off through the Dragons website with all proceeds raised going to the Joanne MacKay Breast Cancer Foundation.

“All the players will be wearing the Pink V jersey to show our respect and gratefulness to everything that women contribute to rugby league,” said Dragons Women in League ambassador Michael Weyman.

“Additionally, Brad MacKay has been a great player associated with the Club and we are all happy to help such a worthy cause.

“Manly have been on a good run of form this season so this is a game all the players are looking forward to, especially as it will also be our first home game at WIN Stadium, Wollongong too.”

NRL v Sea-Eagles
7.00pm Monday, June 27, WIN Stadium, Wollongong
Coach: Wayne Bennett

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Kyle Stanley 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c) 8. Dan Hunt 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Trent Merrin 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior
Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Nathan Fien 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Michael Greenfield 18. Jack Bosden 19. Alex McKinnon

Toyota Cup v Sea-Eagles
4:45pm Monday, June 27, WIN Stadium, Wollongong
Coach: Adrian Lam

1. David Catterall 2. Kane Brennan 3. Nathan Green 4. Kane Gillies 5. Kyle Martens 6. Todd Ryan 7. Scott Rosser 8. Jack Stockwell 9. Nathan Ford 10. Jarrod Thompson (c) 11. Ben Musolino 12. Jack DeBelin 13. Blake Phillips
Interchange: 14. Tim Moore 15. Jack Buchanan 16. Mark Asquith 17. Jordan Hay 18. Sam Clune

Unavailable Dragons: Matt Cooper (Fractured Cheekbone, Hand, Round 19); Peter Cronin (Knee, Round 26); Nick Emmett (Foot, Round 17); Bronx Goodwin (Knee, Round 20); Cameron King (Ruptured Pectoral Muscle, Round 20); Beau Scott (Medial Ligament, Round 17).

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21408

Godz Illa

Coach
Should still be a big un, despite Origin and injury.

The Monday night trip to the Gong is a bitch, but it's just got to be done. Have to be there

big pat

Coach
Should still be a big un, despite Origin and injury.

The Monday night trip to the Gong is a bitch, but it's just got to be done. Have to be there[/QUOT

of course, you know it makes sense, i'm so fired up about this game i'm getting there on sunday, don't want to miss a spot on the hill, well actually i'm having the whole week off, so i spending a couple of days there, lunch at steelers, then maybe a flutter on the ponies.

Biscuits

Juniors
if saints take the field 1-17 as listed, would that mean that they are only missing 2 from their top strength line-up, cooper and scott?

Biscuits

Juniors
Manly will be without Hoppa, Kite, Gulavao, Williams and Rodney from our top 17. Just want to be sure exactly where we stand when the inevitable bleating from the losing side (be it manly or saints) about being understrength.
Goodluck monday. Should be a tremendous match.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Manly will be without Hoppa, Kite, Gulavao, Williams and Rodney from our top 17. Just want to be sure exactly where we stand when the inevitable bleating from the losing side (be it manly or saints) about being understrength.
Goodluck monday. Should be a tremendous match.

Apart from Robertson for Hoppa and Robertson is a damned good NRL player
Who would you drop from Monday's game
Big Joe is named BTW and my mail is he's 50/50

Stewart (both of them) should have been in '02
Hasler does a good job of protecting his team from rep duties (is the Insular Peninsular part of NSW?) So Manly should be fresher
A great match but won't be indicative of finals form

Last edited:

Biscuits

Juniors
at full strength kite and king would be starting props with rose and gulavao on the bench. Starting backrow would be Rodney, watmough and Stewart with buhrer and williams on the bench. gulavao wont play. basically our whole bench wouldnt be in the top 17.

oval

Juniors
Hey Dragqueens, I'm a Womanly supporter whose got Monday off, and having never been to WIN stadium I was hoping you could share a tip on a good place to watch the action. The rowdier the better.

Fingerbang

Bench
Hey Dragqueens, I'm a Womanly supporter whose got Monday off, and having never been to WIN stadium I was hoping you could share a tip on a good place to watch the action. The rowdier the better.
Smack bang in the middle seat with the Flames girls....good chance things would get rowdy there.

HowHigh

Coach
That's a strong side we have, so no excuses for losing.
I'm confident we can win this game and get us back on track after the recent minor hiccups.
Very much looking forward to the first game of the season down here!

Latest posts