What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons to target million-dollar Titan as Hunt talks continue.

Old Timer

Coach
I agree possum , if it was me coaching it would be part and parcel for my players to be drilled and drilled consistently on those type of skills .

Perhaps they are , however for mine I would be seeking to maximising whatever skills our players have to their limit .

As for the Dogs being able to seemingly recruit better than the Dragons , I feel that there are other aspects at play , such as locality , chance of new club making the final series at years end and whether or not there is disenchantment attached to a perspective club .

They all come into play when a player of true quality decides whether or not to sign a contract .
I think the "Bullfrog" influence over the Dogs will come back into play and the place will end up in turmoil yet again.

The Anderson's etc may be down for the moment but they will find a way to claw back the throne and crown that they believe is rightfully theirs.

Gus will be looking over his shoulder and for a fast exit when the shit hits the fan.

Gareth67

First Grade
I think the "Bullfrog" influence over the Dogs will come back into play and the place will end up in turmoil yet again.

The Anderson's etc may be down for the moment but they will find a way to claw back the throne and crown that they believe is rightfully theirs.

Gus will be looking over his shoulder and for a fast exit when the shit hits the fan.
The Andersons are ghosts of the past , as are the Moore’s . The Dogs live in the present and do think of their future , unlike our sorry mob whose thinking seems to be stuck in yesteryear .

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Juniors
Just got to reading the most overrated players at your club thread in the NRL forum. Seems Penrith fans tend to agree that Martin's overrated, and I'd say they may watch their own games a little closer... wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.
He really stood up against the kiwi pack, including against his club teammates. Week in week or though, haven’t seen enough to comment

possm

Coach
I have no doubt that coach Hasler could get Matt Feagai and Ravalawa to be in contention for a high ball from Hunt. And if Suli and Lomax were to support them, I'm sure this would be a very dangerous attacking combination. If nothing else it would attract a few opposition players over to the targeted corner of the field.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
After seeing Hunt's bomb that ended in a try by Ado Car, I just wonder why Griffin does not persist with this play using our wingers.
You are so funny Possm. We have slow wingers in the comp in Moga and Rava which are no way near Addo-Carr speed. They would be lucky to get half way to the bomb before it hits the ground.

Hunt does alot of the kicking for the Aussies. He looks so good at No.9. If only he plays at 9 for Saints. What a spine that would be.

possm

Coach
You are so funny Possm. We have slow wingers in the comp in Moga and Rava which are no way near Addo-Carr speed. They would be lucky to get half way to the bomb before it hits the ground.

Hunt does alot of the kicking for the Aussies. He looks so good at No.9. If only he plays at 9 for Saints. What a spine that would be.
You are being very selective. I'd say Moga should never be selected in first grade. But any one of Matt Feagai, Ramsey, Lomax or even a fully fit Ravalawa could do the job for us. I purposely left our Sloan, mainly because he needs to work on his skill when catching the high ball.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What I meant is Moga and Rava are who Griffin selects. If Hunt puts a bomb up on that side they will not get to it like Addo-Carr did. Maybe Sloan but not Rava and Moga which are Hooks choices for wing. I don't think Feagai is no way near as fast as Addo-Carr either. It only leaves Sloan as our speedster on the wing. Maybe put in Ramsey on the other wing. They are the only options to try that move unfortunately.

SnowDragon

Juniors
What I meant is Moga and Rava are who Griffin selects. If Hunt puts a bomb up on that side they will not get to it like Addo-Carr did. Maybe Sloan but not Rava and Moga which are Hooks choices for wing. I don't think Feagai is no way near as fast as Addo-Carr either. It only leaves Sloan as our speedster on the wing. Maybe put in Ramsey on the other wing. They are the only options to try that move unfortunately.
Different types of Winters can Works. Rav is a beast in returns, and can make tries others can’t. Wicked in defence too. But not the quickest. Still he is our 1st choice winger. I think Matt is a big step above Moga. Sloan or Ramsey both have different styles again. let’s see how it plays out.

kit66

Bench
Canberra are going hard for Fifita now. We should pull out all stops for this guy, surely we have the money ?
I want him and Suli rampaging on the left edge all game. Defence, aaahh who cares, let's just score more tries than our opposition. ;) .

saintly1996

Juniors
Just got to reading the most overrated players at your club thread in the NRL forum. Seems Penrith fans tend to agree that Martin's overrated, and I'd say they may watch their own games a little closer... wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.
Yep, you keep trying to find obscure opinions and stats to back up your view.

2 premierships, origin selection, world cup selection, world cup team of the tournament selection, full games in 1/4 final, semi final and final, man of the match in the semi.

These facts speak for themselves, You seriously have no idea.

blacksafake

First Grade
Yep, you keep trying to find obscure opinions and stats to back up your view.

2 premierships, origin selection, world cup selection, world cup team of the tournament selection, full games in 1/4 final, semi final and final, man of the match in the semi.

These facts speak for themselves, You seriously have no idea.
He would have gotten my MOM in the final.

Latest posts