What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS TV.

justadragon

Bench
Hey guys, I have put this to the club before, but just as audio commentary for both flegg and cup. Ryan Webb came back and said the club wasn't interested. As a commentator I would love to call heir lower grades. The club seem to be closed off to it for some reason
Thanks Jack for your response, I suppose the answer rests with why wont the club allow this to happen, looks like its resource driven.

As a commentator I would love to call heir lower grades. The club seem to be closed off to it for some reason
Jack @REDVHEARTBEAT here. Was I that put the idea to the forum, resulting in plenty of positivity. I have been in touch with the club for weeks now to set up the show and probably had their final knock back yesterday. Still waiting to hear if they will assist in any small way. What are our chances of going it alone as Bunnies TV have done, if they dont. You seem to be our best chance.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
I think the main thing RVH is still to find out how the Bunnies do it, they would have to have contractual applications with the club and possibly NSWRL, without the Dragons giving approval its an immediate roadblock with copyright laws, and you may encounter the same with NSWRL. I'm not a "Intellectual Property" lawyer but thats the path I think you will be heading down. There are lots of things to get this off the ground that will need to be in place, WHS and public liability insurance. I am sorry for putting such a sour note on it all because I would love to see it as well. As I said find out how the Bunnies do it and what policies they have in place to achieve it.

Have received this from the club Marketing Manager:

Live streaming matches is something we will assess for future seasons; we are unable to facilitate for our members and therefore will be unable to locate a sponsor for it at this time. I appreciate your email and understanding of the situation and whilst I understand the outcome in which you have hoped for has not come to fruition, your feedback has been taken on board.

BIG DEAL!!!

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Yeah dont know what that was about RVH but anyway, I did some research into this, was also fortunate enough to have those people that create the ad's for recruiting into Defence around at my place of employment. Anyway I asked a few questions, basically its like this. Whenever you are filming anything, the first thing you have to have is approval to film whilst also whoever or whatever you are filming hold all the rights to it. Hence if you are filming a Dragons team the club owns the footage or Intellectual Property. Thus 2 things, you cant show it publicly without the clubs approval nor can you create any profit from it or charge people to view it. So there are multiple resources that will be required to even set something like this up even if it was just for home games. The resources needed will be in several hundreds of thousands $, plus a lot of contractual obligations to be met. No I dont know how the Bunnies are doing it but my guess is they are being bankrolled by someone like the Gladiator and his media connections who know what they are doing. One would also expect that WIN CORP would know what to do but hey, you know the Gordons dont spend too much on the club do they. I can sort of see why the club wont go there just yet plus they may feel that NSWRL is doing enough, which will also be another player that you will need to contend with. Anyway I'll be interested with the response you get from the Bunnies if at all, but one thing for sure mate you will need a decent sponsor with lots of hooch.

Dragon David

First Grade
Who let you off the leash? I’ve read some seriously ludicrous stuff on these forums, but this mindlessness takes the cake…
Hey Shaun I'm not caring too much about your stuff as well fella and who let you of your leash hey? At least RedVHeartbeat has shown stacks of initiative to get us Dragons fans more opportunity to view the lower grade games if we can get our own DragonsTV going. You have to give him credit Shaun.

This is not a mindless undertaking by RVH and if you are a true follower of the Dragons you would at least give him the courtesy of encouragement rather than demeaning him.

What have you done with your 161 messages so far on this Forum?

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah dont know what that was about RVH but anyway, I did some research into this, was also fortunate enough to have those people that create the ad's for recruiting into Defence around at my place of employment. Anyway I asked a few questions, basically its like this. Whenever you are filming anything, the first thing you have to have is approval to film whilst also whoever or whatever you are filming hold all the rights to it. Hence if you are filming a Dragons team the club owns the footage or Intellectual Property. Thus 2 things, you cant show it publicly without the clubs approval nor can you create any profit from it or charge people to view it. So there are multiple resources that will be required to even set something like this up even if it was just for home games. The resources needed will be in several hundreds of thousands $, plus a lot of contractual obligations to be met. No I dont know how the Bunnies are doing it but my guess is they are being bankrolled by someone like the Gladiator and his media connections who know what they are doing. One would also expect that WIN CORP would know what to do but hey, you know the Gordons dont spend too much on the club do they. I can sort of see why the club wont go there just yet plus they may feel that NSWRL is doing enough, which will also be another player that you will need to contend with. Anyway I'll be interested with the response you get from the Bunnies if at all, but one thing for sure mate you will need a decent sponsor with lots of hooch.
Good on you justa for the amount of delving you have done on this matter likewise to RVH. It seems to me that there are many legalities and much cost involved in all of this and I guess if the club has said that they will assess live streaming matches for future seasons then we will just have to wait and see, but don't hold your breath for too long.

justadragon

Bench
Good on you justa for the amount of delving you have done on this matter likewise to RVH. It seems to me that there are many legalities and much cost involved in all of this and I guess if the club has said that they will assess live streaming matches for future seasons then we will just have to wait and see, but don't hold your breath for too long.
I dont mind at all Dave, unlike Mr Timmins I would have liked to see something like this myself. Unfortunately we live in a world of litigation and you can really get burnt.

Hey Shaun I'm not caring too much about your stuff as well fella and who let you of your leash hey? At least RedVHeartbeat has shown stacks of initiative to get us Dragons fans more opportunity to view the lower grade games if we can get our own DragonsTV going. You have to give him credit Shaun.

This is not a mindless undertaking by RVH and if you are a true follower of the Dragons you would at least give him the courtesy of encouragement rather than demeaning him.

What have you done with your 161 messages so far on this Forum?
DD many thanks for the backing.

Last edited:
If only Dr Andrew Forrest were to know of our goal feel sure he'd channel some of his Squadron sponsorship coin into setting up Dragons TV. This great Australian gets things done and he'd know all about avoiding the pitfalls of litigation.