What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Titans Round 2, 2023

SnowDragon

Juniors
Ok, had some time to digest

- ref was abysmal and gave the titans a huge legup
- we let in 3 soft tries. Concerning tbh, but can be easily fixed
- the team felt brutal on the edges, and that made more room in the middle. I’ve said I’m worried about BMM’s lateral defence, but tonight made me feel a lot better. He was a beast.
- Liddle made a huge difference in so many ways.
- Blake is seriously come a long way in last 12 months. Frankie had his best game in a long time, and Kerr has proven he should be in the 17

so many positives, it’s only a start, and against a team likely to be in the bottom 4, but I loved that win.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Was it a disappointment more fans did not turn up? I remember my days being at Kogarah and it was standing room only. The last few seasons the ground appears to be sparsely populated especially the hill area.
Funny, I remember the days when you could sit anywhere you wanted due to the small crowds. There was a major boost in crowd numbers during the R2K period around 10-20 years ago. But there were certain forces at play to wreck that momentum. Taking games away from Kogarah, lack of promotion, dumb media and appeasing Wollongong were part of that buzzkill mix.

But yesterday was great. The Saint George chant was loud and frequent. Where were you sitting?

- the team felt brutal on the edges, and that made more room in the middle. I’ve said I’m worried about BMM’s lateral defence, but tonight made me feel a lot better. He was a beast.
- Blake is seriously come a long way in last 12 months. Frankie had his best game in a long time, and Kerr has proven he should be in the 17

so many positives, it’s only a start, and against a team likely to be in the bottom 4, but I loved that win.
Liddle was certainly a plus. Good win.

This Year?

Immortal
Funny, I remember the days when you could sit anywhere you wanted due to the small crowds. There was a major boost in crowd numbers during the R2K period around 10-20 years ago. But there were certain forces at play to wreck that momentum. Taking games away from Kogarah, lack of promotion, dumb media and appeasing Wollongong were part of that buzzkill mix.

But yesterday was great. The Saint George chant was loud and frequent. Where were you sitting?
I heard the SAAAAIIIINNNNTT GEEEOOORRRGEEEE chant towards the end of game a few times over the broadcast on Kayo. Was so nice to hear it again, hopefully we get much more of it this season too

jodragon40

Juniors

I live in QLD now I'll be at Suncorp on Saturday

jodragon40

Juniors
Well the stat's tell the tale. For the first time in living memory 6 forwards ran for 100m plus the best being the bench forward Musgrove. Our bench was outstanding. Completion rate was 82% we had 55% of the ball. We missed 38 tackles. All in all a satisfactory performance and a morale boosting win. Now next week we play 1st grade

mickeylane

Bench

BMM was beast mode!!...I thought this guy would struggle fitness wise but OMG he was damaging especially watching him live he reminded me of Sims 2018 ....unfortuntaely looks like Bird will be on the bench as we need JDB middle defence to come into the side...

SGMax

Juniors
It's awful last season we avg 8,300 at Kogarah. The faithful are voting with their feet
Yes, try and get a family pass under cover.
I tried to take the kids to this one or a couple of the coming games and you have to take a risk with the weather if you buy early.
Stand tickets undercover are only available at a premium.
That's the way to grow your supporter base, chase the highest gate takings.
WIN is slightly better, you can get under cover family passes but only around the 10m line.
I will make the most of my Fox subscription and watch at home.

jodragon40

Juniors
Yes, try and get a family pass under cover.
I tried to take the kids to this one or a couple of the coming games and you have to take a risk with the weather if you buy early.
Stand tickets undercover are only available at a premium.
That's the way to grow your supporter base, chase the highest gate takings.
WIN is slightly better, you can get under cover family passes but only around the 10m line.
I will make the most of my Fox subscription and watch at home.
That is just ridiculous pricing families out. I'm not a big fan of afl but I see the GWS not only their passes have reduced in price in their first game you can get an old fashioned bucket of hot chips for $2. That's how you entice people to go and watch a game live. Unfortunately for us with the board makeup both our current CEO and GM don't have any RL backgrounds but have sales and advertising ones.