What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Warriors round 4

ALSGI

Bench
3rd 6.30pm Sunday night game in a row, 2nd at Kogarah.

Same team listed at this stage and I don't expect any changes at all, as much as I believe we need to change 4,5 and 7. Also believe Airken needs some improvement in D and hope last week will boost his confidence (both good tries). McInnes really does look a great fit and playing good so far.

Warriors don't travel well and only just beat Knights in NZ round 1, then well beaten by an average Storm in the wet, by an average Bullgrubs last week. They're really struggling although they get RTS back, rest are all playing poorly including Johnson.

With our current team we should win comfortably (just hope they don't read this) the score will depend largely on which McCrone turns up and how much he is allowed to do with the boot.

Just hope Mary has them up for this and the boys put the sword to them. Just glad we're not playing Tigers this weekend.

dragon-83

Juniors
Yea let's hope their up for this game in the corresponding match last year they underestimated the Warriors and lost

dragonssamy61

First Grade
3rd 6.30pm Sunday night game in a row, 2nd at Kogarah.

Same team listed at this stage and I don't expect any changes at all, as much as I believe we need to change 4,5 and 7. Also believe Airken needs some improvement in D and hope last week will boost his confidence (both good tries). McInnes really does look a great fit and playing good so far.

Warriors don't travel well and only just beat Knights in NZ round 1, then well beaten by an average Storm in the wet, by an average Bullgrubs last week. They're really struggling although they get RTS back, rest are all playing poorly including Johnson.

With our current team we should win comfortably (just hope they don't read this) the score will depend largely on which McCrone turns up and how much he is allowed to do with the boot.

Just hope Mary has them up for this and the boys put the sword to them. Just glad we're not playing Tigers this weekend.

ALSGI
Foran and RTS has been named as well.
So I think they will lift.
We need to be consistent and beat teams when we are favorites as well.
So go boys

possm

Coach
It seams Foran will play and if he does and is fit, our halves are in for a lesson.

Mary needs to have Thompson, Frizell and De Belin zeroing in on the opposition halves, reducing their opportunity to run the team's plays.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Warriors have an excellent team on paper and if they click, could give us some trouble. We can't allow their halves time and space on the 5th to kick or run the ball. We also need to shore up up the right hand side defence otherwise Kata, Johnson and Foran will run amok. For us, McCrone should not be allowed to kick. At all. He put us under more pressure then the sharks were entitled to last Sunday and was the bloke who changed the momentum into their favour.

Vinnie

Juniors
Foran has very little match fitness and game time so i'd rather be playing against them now then if he has had a few games under his belt. Johnson is as per our Widdop and Dugan suffering from the "I have to do it all by myself " syndrome so ideally this could be the best time to play them
RTV though will be a handful especially if he clicks.

Vinnie

Juniors
I also forgot to mention Isaac Luke is hopelessly out of form, so his form has to get better...hopefully not this week though or he too can cause major problems.
All in all i'd rather be playing them now rather than later.

BennyV

Referee
Anyone who has watched RTS play live (not of TV) will agree that we can't allow McCrone to give him the room that Holmes and Bird got last week...

jeffdragon

Bench
Danger game ,
Dont know how warriors will play on the day .
Would be happy even if we win by a point .
It would be good if foran wasnt going to play.
They havent beaten us in 15 seasons in oz ,let's hope its not this year
Warriors have been beaten on wet grounds in their last two and we won our two games in the wet.
If its a dry track it will suit them

ALSGI

Bench
Anyone who has watched RTS play live (not of TV) will agree that we can't allow McCrone to give him the room that Holmes and Bird got last week...
Agree 100%
Dragons can't seem to find the grass on any clearing kicks. RTS will be licking his lips.

Shorter clearing kicks for the sideline would be preferred with our kickers imo.
At their end Widdop needs to be kicking the high balls to Nene or McInnnes into the in goal.

Although....McCrone's kick to Widdop against the panthers was as sweet as they come?

kit66

Bench
The Warriors are the most erratic and unpredictable team in the comp. On a good day they can do to us what Parra did but hopefully our forwards can wear them down and win us the day again. If they play expansive footy and target our outside backs we'll need to defend even better than we did last week or RTS, Foran and Johnson will tear us apart.

Dragons by 13.
Go boys, get into 'em !

Crush

Coach
I remember last time we played the Warriors we had just beaten the Titans and Roosters and I was sure that we would win. We lost 26-10.
I am not confident this weekend at all

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Our backline has not functioned this year. We rely on tearaway tries which are few because our backline is slow
having lost Cooper, Gasnier and Morris who were replaced by NSW Cup level
players such as FaiFai Loa, Lafai, Matautia, Nielsen and Runciman.

Crush

Coach
Hey who was it that had to do a nudey run if Mann didnt start for Aitken last week?

emu62

Juniors
anyone read the match preview on the Dragons website.Pulled this comment off it
Key Match-Up: Josh McCrone v Shaun Johnson: One is a flashy representative halfback. The other is Shaun Johnson.

absolutely hilarious,couldnt stop laughing,I thought Mary was going to stick to coaching but he is obviously writing the previews as well

SBD82

Coach
anyone read the match preview on the Dragons website.Pulled this comment off it
Key Match-Up: Josh McCrone v Shaun Johnson: One is a flashy representative halfback. The other is Shaun Johnson.

absolutely hilarious,couldnt stop laughing,I thought Mary was going to stick to coaching but he is obviously writing the previews as well
That's actually f**king hilarious.

Deeply depressing, but f**king hilarious.

Latest posts