What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs Hull

hewi

Bench
OT he wasn't running to the sideline to find support, he was trying to run around the defence himself. The difference in speed between Dufty and other members of the team over 20-30 meters is not that great that he cant link with them.

What you say about he needs to play 15 meters in is spot on. If you are going to ball play you run at the inside shoulder not the outside shoulder of the defender (I know this is a generalisation). What I would like to see, when he chimes into the backline is aim at a gap between two defenders and try to draw the outside defender in. If the outside defender moves in, pass. If the outside defender doesn't come in dummy and go and try to beat the inside defender with pace. I would also like to see him not running at 100% all the time. His big weapon is his acceleration, I would like to see him running a bit within himself and then be able to accelerate past the defender. This also makes it harder to use angles when defending to negate the speed difference.

This is such a good well thought out post that I’m sure he has been told this by the head coach. Not.