What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drawn games

Not being a fan of the golden point i think the league should introduce 10 minutes each way for drawn games and if still drawn at the end of extra time golden point then.- i think that drawn regular season games should stay that way and extra point/golden point should only be used for finals matches.

I dont think myself that a regular season game or finals matches especially grandfinals should be decided by golden point.

Any views

ouwet

Bench
I'm with you mate, not a fan of Golden Point.

I don't see why we cannot go back to the simple 'draw' after 80 mins. Final Series should be 10 each way with golden point afterwards.

If the GF is a draw, surely it's going to be 10 each way???????

maccattack

Juniors
Golden TRY.

Deciding a game by a field goal is a bit like deciding the winner of the Tour de France with a foot race.

Golden TRY.

Deciding a game by a field goal is a bit like deciding the winner of the Tour de France with a foot race.

Did you watch the game on Saturday?

Agree that golden point should be removed from the regular season and only applied after a period of ordinary extra time for finals, but why should extra time be the only time in a game where a field goal or penalty is not a sufficient method of scoring?

Simo

First Grade
I'm with you mate, not a fan of Golden Point.

I don't see why we cannot go back to the simple 'draw' after 80 mins. Final Series should be 10 each way with golden point afterwards.

If the GF is a draw, surely it's going to be 10 each way???????

Agree totally, extra time before golden point.

Unfortunately the GF will be straight to golden point as I understand it.

juro

Bench
Give us back the draw for the regular season! If you aren't good enough to win in 80 minutes, why do you get a second chance to get the 2 points?

As for golden try, what happens when the defensive team tries spoiler tactics, giving a penalty instead of conceding the try? Is a penalty goal not good enough for the win too?

applesauce

Bench
I would love golden try. I am not a fan on the team who gets the better field position and a straight kicker wins the premiership.

Our game is based on tries (unlike RU) and it would be a good way to cap off a grand final.

fourplay

Juniors
I love golden point. Though I wouldn't mind 10 minutes each way and then golden point for final series.

STFU

Juniors
One 15 minute extra time. Toss the coin, winner picks the half and in the end golden point if scores are still even

Coaster

Bench
We could do it like the AFL

4 x 20 min overtime periods, with stoppages, giving about 4 hours of play time, played the week after with a minimum of 120+ interchanges per team, and the chance of extra extra time if required

Eels Dude

Coach
We could do it like the AFL

4 x 20 min overtime periods, with stoppages, giving about 4 hours of play time, played the week after with a minimum of 120+ interchanges per team, and the chance of extra extra time if required

:lol:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I love extra time.

Keep it.

But give each side a full 5 or 10 mins either way.

Then golden point.

beercoaster

Juniors
Golden point is too flukey.
Go with 10 mins then another 10 if needed.
If still tied up? Maybe then go golden point but I'm not a fan of it.
Sick to a draw in the regular season.

Latest posts