What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drinks after sat nights game

_Johnsy

Referee
One question,

Where are we going to meet and have a few quiet ones after the game on saturday night. Somewhere close to the ground would be ideal. Come up with a location & i'll be there :alcho::b: :alcho: :b:

The Preacher

First Grade
The Novotel is in the complex. It has a bar area that is known to be frequented after games. I'll probably have a couple over there if I can talk the family into it. :alcho:

_Johnsy

Referee
Shane

i changed my accomm to just down the road from the club, $20 return bus from the club. Taj Mahal it is see you there at the bar champ.

_Johnsy

Referee
ohh yep.

Anyone know how far the Country comfort Blakehurst is from the Taj Mahal ?

BIG SHANE

Juniors
kool how much is that room where ur staying at just down from the club i wouldnt mind staying on to cheer the boys on on sunday too

cant wait this is our weekend all three grade to move into next weekends grand final how good is this!!!!!!!!!!

_Johnsy

Referee
Shane I ended up changing my accom again. I am now at the hotel ibis at the domestic airport. $99. This way I can book in straight of the flight and get to the leagues club. After the game back to the club on the bus ($20 return ring the club to book seat) get back to the hotel ibis after i have had enough to quench my thirst and no chance of missing the flight, which keeps the lovely wife happy. You know what they say happy wife happy life.;-)

Country Comfort Blakehurst $110

Steel Dragon

Bench
I am staying with friends in the Newtown area on Sat night, at this stage i have no idea where they live, or where it is in relation to any of these places you are all mentioning....

Suggestions/Directions please - we will more than likely be training and bussing about sydney

Collateral

Coach
Looks like I might be making a special guest appearance at the Taj on Saturday, and If we win I'll be hanging around for sure.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Newtown is a good possie SD.

For busses, the key is head to 'Newtown Bridge' - where the railway station is. Although busses go up and down King Street all day. They go down the highway between Newtown and Tempe and there are busses from there to Carlton/Kogarah. The Taj and Jubilee are on the Princes Hwy and King Street, Newtown is a part of the Princes Highway - but 7+ Kms north (I've walked from Newtown to Kogarah but its bit of a hike, takes an hour or more).

The trains are very handy. Basically: Newtown will take you west to Telstra. Erskineville will take you south to Kogarah.

Newtown train station is a fairly major station and will take you out to Homebush where Telstra is (probably about 12 or so stops). Erskineville Station is also very close to Newtown and all part of the mix - not as big as Newtwon but still has plenty of regular trains. Avoid nearby Macdonaldtown station unless you're into train spotting and like watching them whiz past.

Erskineville rail is on the southern line and will take you to Carlton Station (about 6-8 stops). St George Leagues is a short walk from there, about 5-10 mins. You'll walk straight down Jubilee Avenue and past the great ground itself.

As with any public transport, watch your timetables - check out the websites for cityrail at http://www.cityrail.info - there's night bus link there as well but be wary of their relability late at night.

As always, you'll get there faster in a car or taxi. Newtown is pretty much on the same side of town but more inner-city. My guesstimate is that its a $15-20 taxi fare between Kogarah and Newtown.

You can't go wrong if you decide to meet up at the Taj. It'll be open till late.

_Johnsy

Referee
So who is going to the club ? I am on the 6pm bus, when we return to the club, where shall we adjourn to wet our whistle?

BIG SHANE

Juniors
im on the 230 bus got to get there early and support the lower grades boys then after the big one its back to the club to celebrate

Is there anyone who could me a lift out to the sunday game and back to the airport after the game by any chance?

Latest posts