What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Drugs, sex, domestic violence: football's dark cover up

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This dickhead will retreat back to England to escape the scrutiny before he wakes up to himself. Thanks to the media's sloppy blowjobs and bunging around with Wayne and Rusty, Burgess has come to love the smell of his own farts a little too much.

super_coach

First Grade
You can be a star on the football field with a single digit IQ, but you will struggle big time away from the paddock. Life is hard when you have skills, but when footy is over and you have nothing to take into the real world..your in for a hard time

Tiger5150

Bench
While Burgess is a dope, I wonder if there is anyone that knows him and knew that his car was unregistered, and would be the the kind to give their cop mates, if they had any, a heads up.
The coke was just a bonus.

All pure speculation, of course.

Mate, as I was explaining before, there is no need for a tip off. Every cop car has a scanner that reads the license plate and references against the computer database and tells them immediately if the car is not registered. EVERY unregistered car a cop car drives past an alarm sounds and they will pull it over.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Mate, as I was explaining before, there is no need for a tip off. Every cop car has a scanner that reads the license plate and references against the computer database and tells them immediately if the car is not registered. EVERY unregistered car a cop car drives past an alarm sounds and they will pull it over.
A tip off suggestion was more to do with the alleged cocaine use.

To be clear, I do not see Sam as a victim for his alleged wrongdoings. But at the same time, that family have that dead eyed look and give off extremely toxic vibes IMO.

no name

Coach
I was being facetious.

Silent Knight

First Grade
You can be a star on the football field with a single digit IQ, but you will struggle big time away from the paddock. Life is hard when you have skills, but when footy is over and you have nothing to take into the real world..your in for a hard time

He’s always got his movie career to fall back on. The Goonies, Harry and the Hendersons, Of Mice and Men etc.

AJB1102

First Grade

Be extra helpful if you knew where to place a cop car at approximately what time an unregistered vehicle might be driving through, wouldn't it?

Not saying that happened but not outside the realm of possibilities. His ex's family are pretty connected in that part of the world.

Still absolutely Sam's f**k up either way and if he's truthful about Hooke saying he'd ruin him he better believe it and stop making it so easy. Like others I got a bad feeling how this turns out if Sam doesn't get some proper help.

Tiger5150

Bench
Be extra helpful if you knew where to place a cop car at approximately what time an unregistered vehicle might be driving through, wouldn't it?

Not saying that happened but not outside the realm of possibilities. His ex's family are pretty connected in that part of the world.

Still absolutely Sam's f**k up either way and if he's truthful about Hooke saying he'd ruin him he better believe it and stop making it so easy. Like others I got a bad feeling how this turns out if Sam doesn't get some proper help.

Occams razor

Seems some people are really keen to pin everything on the in laws

The_Frog

First Grade
As every drunk driver with half a brain should know, if you're going to fail a roadside test it is a bad idea to draw attention to yourself, such as by driving an unregistered vehicle. Old Sam is revealing himself to be a tad below Mensa level here.

Saxon

Bench
I think they're referring to the fact he's not holding a valid NSW drivers licence. Given he's been here longer than three months, that's an offence. He probably has an international licence though.

If he holds an "international" licence, it's because he holds a British one. But wait, to hold a British licence you need to be a British resident with a permanent residential address in Britain. Since he lives permanently in Australia, then any British licence he thinks he holds will be invalid. Hence no international licence.

So, with a bit of luck, he does have a British licence and on top of all the shit he's already in, the MOT in London will charge the grubby soap dodger over fraudulently holding it.

Someguy

First Grade
Well done NRL and channel 9 all that media focus over the years. 2014 every channel 9 game would have a burgees feature regardless of who was playing, every fumble was a strip penalty and refs would have to change a decision if Sam said so.

First he pays them back by using the status the NRL had created and cashing it in on a rugby contract. Then we let him back to the game constantly talk down his on field grubby behaviour, give him air time to complain about any other grubby player and quite possibly have this effecting judiciary outcomes. Cover up his off field shit and still promote him as the biggest thing this game has to offer.

thinking the people running nine and the NRL are on the same intelligence level as Sam. The face of league now has a massive black eye.

meanwhile Cam Smith is in comparison an angel on and off the field but media twist footage and ambush him during an interview to make his name dirt.