What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Inu shows his true colours

lucablight

First Grade
By David Riccio

December 16, 2007 12:00am

IT is becoming increasingly unlikely Krisnan Inu will ever don another NRL club's colours.

The charismatic Kiwi is poised to match his "brother'' Jarryd Hayne's loyalty and ignore big money offers to stay at Parramatta.

Inu wore the Essendon jersey last week as he and Hayne prepared for a training session with the AFL team on Tuesday but he declared it just wouldn't feel right if he ever wore another NRL team's strip.

"It would be hard to even consider wearing another team's jersey. I can't really see it, actually,'' Inu said.

Inu is off contract at the end of next season and the goalkicking outside back with the huge smile is one of the most marketable talents in rugby league.

The Roosters, Bulldogs, Titans, Sharks and Broncos have all flagged interest, but it would appear that Hayne's decision to stay an Eels has made up Inu's mind.

"Me and Haynesy are real tight,'' Inu said.

"Like the whole club, I was happy when he re-signed this week, he's someone I definitely enjoy playing with.

"I consider him as a brother. We've grown up together ... from the same area and have enjoyed plenty of good times.

While the signature of Hayne was seen as the Eels' No.1 priority, the retention of Inu, a Kiwi international is just as important.

Inu is a genuine crowd favourite and is one of the most audacious attacking players in the game.

"It's exciting times at Parramatta,'' Inu said.

"I can only see us improving next year. It would be good to keep playing with Jarryd for another few years and win a few premierships with him one day. Hopefully we can have it sorted out within the month.''

Parramatta's focus on state-of-the-art training methods will continue this week as the players have a session with the Essendon Bombers.

Eels high-performance manager Hayden Knowles arranged the cross-code meeting for this Tuesday, confident that both clubs could share some ideas. And the league stars are certainly looking forward to it.

Inu said he was excited at the prospect of increasing his try-scoring ability and taking his career to new heights by working with the Bombers.

"I can't wait ... it will be so much fun,'' Inu said.

"I'm not a massive AFL fan but am well aware of just how athletic they are and what we might able to learn off them.

"It's what I like about being at Parra, they work on individuals rather than seeing us as one big team.

"I've got no doubt spending some time with the Bombers that me and Jarryd will come back stronger for it.''

The session continues the Eels' bid to provide variety to their pre-season training following recent time with the A-League's Mariners, the NSW Blues cricketers and the Sydney Kings on Friday.

source: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22930954-5001023,00.html

WA Eel

Juniors
Fantastic! It's a great compliment to the club that we not only have three of he hottest NRL talents playing for us, but all three (Mateo, Hayne and almost certainly Inu) will have agreed to play on for less money then they would have earned elsewhere. I wonder how much affect captain Cayless's little "stay loyal" speech had on all this?

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm not sure how much less money Mateo stayed for he stayed which is great but I was under the impression that the deals were more or less the same money.

Now if they can just convice Issy to join the party

Somes promising, looks like we will jhave some great attack in the next few years just need the go forward and defence to go with it and a title is on it's way west.

spiderdan

Bench
fantastic.

our guns are still gonna make good money but it shows how much they love the place when they will stay for less.

i like even more that these guys are talking confidently about playing together and premierships. happy times ahead at parra.

strider

Post Whore
what a champ .... i always had a gut feeling he was like this - he's a parra boy

INU!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Awesome news!!! so much for Hagan not being able to keep out talented Junior's. He has to take a fair bit of the credit for this, his relaxed coaching style has really helped in this regard IMO.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
great news

and Foxsports are reporting that he has just won t NZ representative player of the year

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
I'm not sure how much less money Mateo stayed for he stayed which is great but I was under the impression that the deals were more or less the same money.

Now if they can just convice Issy to join the party

the Mateo deal was about $50K less over 3 years.

strider

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
great news

and Foxsports are reporting that he has just won t NZ representative player of the year
well there wasn't much competition this year :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bowen named players' player of the year

Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 1:39 PM

North Queensland fullback Matt Bowen was awarded the 2007 Rugby League Professionals Association's Player of the Year Medal in front of a gathering of more than 200 players and partners at a gala luncheon at Randwick Racecourse on Saturday.

Test Skipper Darren Lockyer took out the Australian Representative Player of the Year, Krisnan Inu the New Zealand Representative Player and Penrith's Michael Jennings the Rookie of the Year.

Canberra's Allan Tongue was named clubman of the year and Panthers hooker Luke Priddis awarded the Education and Welfare award.

Bowen beat off challenges from teammate Johnathan Thurston, Gold Coast skipper Scott Prince, New Zealand Warriors captain Steve Price, Newcastle's Kurt Gidley and Brisbane's Petero Civoniceva.

The award is voted by players after each match of the season with RLPA delegates conducting a team vote of the best players in the opposition team on a 3-2-1 basis.

The votes are sealed and then counted at the end of each season.

RLPA Chief Executive Matt Rodwell said the award was cherished by players because it was an acknowledgment by their peers of form week in and week out throughout the year.

"This award holds an important place in the game and in the hearts of the players," he said.

"The players respect each of the various awards in the game but this is a sincere expression of how the guys who are out there each week rate one another on a match by match basis - and it means a lot to them."
Source: AAP

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/7681/Default.aspx

Junior 5

Juniors
Hooray, I'm hoping they will still be around in the blue and gold colours when my wish comes true of playing for the blue of gold of Parra. My dream is to play along side players like Hayne, Inu and wearing the jersey of Parra.

lewiscook

Juniors
Junior 5 said:
Hooray, I'm hoping they will still be around in the blue and gold colours when my wish comes true of playing for the blue of gold of Parra. My dream is to play along side players like Hayne, Inu and wearing the jersey of Parra.

same here junior....im a 16 yr old halfback/5-8/hooker.....
i as you have a dream to oneday play for parra to but it is very hard!
at the moment im playing for the souths junior ranks an would really give anything to move across to parra....

junior you have really got to work your but off!...
even though the season is over im training everyday an watching footage of johns tim an all the good halfs in present an past in order to hopefully get picked up by a club...

goodluck! an i hope to play alongside or against u one day buddy!

MrT

Juniors
Junior 5 and lewiscook

You guys have a dream to wear the blue and gold. That's fantastic. I wish you both all the best.

As long as you realise there are sacrifices to be made and work your butt off as you mentioned, all this can become reality one day.

If you do make it, I will be there chearing you on.

Make sure you give it your all, that way you know you did everything possible to make it.
Incase you don't make it, just remember your not a failure. Many don't make it. Just means there are other plans for you in life.

Good luck fellas, hope you make it along side guys liek hayne and Inu....what true champions. I hope they play their entire careers at Parra

lewiscook

Juniors
MrT said:
Junior 5 and lewiscook

You guys have a dream to wear the blue and gold. That's fantastic. I wish you both all the best.

As long as you realise there are sacrifices to be made and work your butt off as you mentioned, all this can become reality one day.

If you do make it, I will be there chearing you on.

Make sure you give it your all, that way you know you did everything possible to make it.
Incase you don't make it, just remember your not a failure. Many don't make it. Just means there are other plans for you in life.

Good luck fellas, hope you make it along side guys liek hayne and Inu....what true champions. I hope they play their entire careers at Parra

cheers mrT

im really wokring hard now cos im 16...time running out...
my uncle knows people at the parra club an ill be doing some trial runs an some of the staff will coming to watch some of my club matches.....

every morning my dad makes me do weights training an jogs for 3 hours....but only 1 hour on schools days...
i do tacticle stuff every second arvo wit my uncle after my boxing trainin....
but anywayss thanks for your support!
an i dearly hope one day i can play atleast one first grade game id be over the moon!

cheers all!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
*rolls eyes* That's what they all say. Wait a few years, and we shall see...I highly doubt they'll be so loyal once things get to their heads