What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty v Sloan

Spazer

Juniors
All of the very good fullbacks can make a break themselves and set up players to make breaks or score. Sloan needs someone to set him up to make a break. Sure he would be better in a good team, but no good team is going to sign him to play fullback.
Disagree. it actually surprised me last season how often he would break tackles and cut through the defence from a nothing play considering his size. Examples are games against roosters(anzac), eels(rd23), sharks(rd18), panthers and dolphins from last season just from the top of my head. Sloan has no issue making breaks it's his decision making afterwards that sometimes lets him down.

Gardenia

Juniors
Disagree. it actually surprised me last season how often he would break tackles and cut through the defence from a nothing play considering his size. Examples are games against roosters(anzac), eels(rd23), sharks(rd18), panthers and dolphins from last season just from the top of my head. Sloan has no issue making breaks it's his decision making afterwards that sometimes lets him down.
I think that could be a confidence thing

Gardenia

Juniors
Dufty 45 tries in 94 NRL games very good strike rate for a fullback.. needed better coaching for defence..

Defence can be coached , but attacking & linebreaking ability is based more on natural talent..
Agree. I would LOVE IT if Sam got the best out of him in terms of defense and then he comes back home.

we would have to behave ourselves though for him to do that as part of the reason he went to England was for mental health due to the noise he copped - read it in an article can't be bothered finding it.

Old Timer

Coach
Both are terrible under the high ball, in defense & organising everyone up-field from themselves.

In attack I believe Dufty has a few more more strings to his bow namely better lateral vision, better passing skills, better footwork at the line, better acceleration in traffic.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Be honest guys. Don't let the blood from today influence your decision. Who is the better player?

Dufty or Sloan?
I can’t answer that question. Yeah it’s good to be able to score or set up points but it’s equally important to stop them. Neither are capable in defense. Sloan never works hard on the goal line, he leaves it to others. Put in a grubber on the goal line and sloan won’t be there to clean it up.
Dufty wouldn’t have even been able to stop Toovey