What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan and Locke

Meth

Staff member
Remember a few seasons ago? All of the talk was about whether Dugan or Locke was the better prospect. Both seemed to be on track to superstardom. Their careers were on something of a parallel.

Nobody was more excited about Dugan than the Canberra faithful. Now, they are calling for him to be sacked.

Hopefully this is something of a warning for Locke, who has definitely demonstrated a parallel delinquency that has threatened to disrupt his career.

tangalife

Juniors
Both seem to have the same problems

Injuries and off field behaviour.

Locke doesnt nessescary go right off the rails off the field but man what a player he could be if knuckled down and concentrated on his footy

vvvrulz

Coach
Locke doesnt nessescary go right off the rails off the field but man what a player he could be if knuckled down and concentrated on his footy

Both he and Johnson need some very careful man management or they will never deliver to their potential. Cleary got the best out of their talent and made them match winners while Bluey and by the looks of it Elliott have somehow made them lazy "superstar" prima donnas.

Locke at his best was up there with Slater.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Until I see Locke demonstrate an ability to regularly break the line, I'll remain unconvinced of his potential to become one of the very elite fullbacks in this comp. He's been very good at cover tackling for us in the past(and god knows we need players to be good at cover tackling because one on one we tend to be pretty shite) but I haven't seen him show the same amount of attacking brilliance as Slater, Bowen, Barber etc. Could be part attitude, could be that he's not getting enough opportunities created for him. But I think it just could be that he's got the speed but not the physical strength to be anything more than a very good, but not great fullback.

vvvrulz

Coach
You're right about breaking the line, he's got the speed but doesn't seem to go searching for it.

I always felt that Locke and Martel have the potential to form a great combination, but for some reason including last week nobody seemed to bother following him around the park.

playdaball

Bench
Warriors should make a play for Dugan. The 'no dickheads' policy is killing us too reliant on local talent.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yeah I wouldn't be too opposed to making a play for Dugan, maybe there's a link there with Elliot's raider days.

Iafeta

Referee
He had an injury plagued year last year. Even when he was playing he was overcoming some niggle. This year he's played one game. The year before he was quite exceptional. I think we all need to whack off and release a bit of tension, its round 1, a lot of things WILL change throughout this year ... for better or for worse. I don't think we're looking at anywhere near the finished product yet.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Yeap I thought Locke was ok even tho he was injured last year. Can't really judge how's he going to be this year after one game. That sternum? Injury against the storm really screwed up his season last year.

Meth

Staff member
Wasn't referring so much to his on field performance as much as his off field attitude and behaviour.

Happy with Locke as our fullback, but I hope he kicks on.

Dugan dropped by the Raiders.

Damarky

Juniors
Dugan would be a good buy imo, could play full back and Wing and Centre - Get him cheep and put in on the 10 step program

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I'd have no problem with Dugan coming to the warriors. Start him off on the wing (just to get Tupou out of the side) if he shows form and Hurrell is still out of form try him at centre. Another scenario is if Dugan played stand off. A spine of Locke, Dugan, Johnson & Leuleuai would be pretty dangerous on paper atleast. I'd chase him if I were in charge but I'd offer him no more than 350k.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Locked biggest weakness at fullback is support play or lack of. In NYC he just did the second man play or inside ball and burnt the crap out of opponents with speed and agility. He needs to start upping his support play if he wants to have the same impact top fullbacks do.

Aragorn

First Grade
Locked biggest weakness at fullback is support play or lack of. In NYC he just did the second man play or inside ball and burnt the crap out of opponents with speed and agility. He needs to start upping his support play if he wants to have the same impact top fullbacks do.

how many try saving tackles did you see him make against the eels?

none.

Looked very spectacular with him flying around in the air, but ultimately it was nothing not thin air that he touched,....

Locke = overrated.

Aragorn

First Grade
I think we all need to whack off and release a bit of tension, its round 1, a lot of things WILL change throughout this year ....

LOL.

That made me laugh - we all need to whack off to the warriors? is that what you`re saying Iafeta? :sarcasm:

Izz

Bench
Last night Gould stated on twitter that Panther's weren't interested, and have never been interested, in Dugan.