What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan out for a month

Hooch

Juniors
What the hell sort of injury is it? Nerve damage only heals very slowly, and often incompletely depending on the severity of the damage. Doesnt right itself after a couple of weeks...

CJG 182

Juniors
No surprise an arrogant prick like you raider thinks as always you know best.

Fmd, just consider, for one second someone may know more than you about something. A shock, I know.

Hooch realises the problem with this story.

Like I said, not debating the nerve damage. That's a fact. The severity of it though, is laughable.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Yeah this injury is very random..I have never met a doctor that has provided me with an eta in terms of recovery for any nerve injury... And I've had a few lol.

It might be a nerve on the back of the calf, which is quite painful... Had it a few years ago, was playing 3 sports and that took forever to heal.. It's not the nerve itself it's the inflammation around the nerve causing discomfort.

Either way it's bloody annoying, the docs should have known he wasn't right.. When I had the above injury running was impossible, it's too uncomfortable. They stuffed up, you can't send him out with this and say "he will be right".

CJG 182

Juniors
2k2, when you did your calf while playing 3 sports, while it was painful did you still play?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Yeah I still played haha.

Imagine Carpell tunnel syndrome but slightly worse. It's difficult to run full speed for a few days then it feels better but if you over train or run like normal it kicks in again. I controlled it by trying to limit my full sprints until needed. To be honest my doctor just said don't run and to take nurophen whenever I felt a twitch.

In the end I chose to continue playing and taking medication.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If the main issue is the discomfort can't they just needle him up? I suppose if it was that easy they would have thought of it already.

Cryptic

Juniors
It's a nerve problem pain killers do sweet f**k all... I've got sciatica in my right leg and it just randomly starts hurting like hell with no real reason. I might say I still do sport and stuff with it and just generally ignore it but I'm guessing it's not as bad as whatever Dugan has done, considering he has kept playing after a fair few nasty collisions and tackles in game I doubt he would be chucking a sicky...

very frustrating that this has happened to play as important as Dugan in our team. I hope it wont hinder him this season i dont care if it takes longer than 3 matches if he can come back close to fully healed

Cryptic

Juniors
"THE Canberra Raiders are growing increasingly frustrated with the out-of-control ego of star fullback Josh Dugan. Aside from being full of Gen-Y attitude, Dugan has baffled the Raiders' medical staff with his latest calf injury. When he hobbled off against the Gold Coast Titans last weekend, some were questioning the seriousness of the problem. Scans show there is no tear in the muscle but possibly some minor nerve damage. Dugan remains adamant he can't run but, given the Green Machine's poor start, they desperately need him.:
^Just grabbed the bit from the article out for people...

Really hope that isn't true but to be honest... so many kids are like that now-a-days...

Possibly that's half our teams problem... They are all emos crying in the locker rooms that they didn't win...

A lot of young kids we hire at work are useless... they expect to get promoted to CEO with-in a year and if they don't they go elsewhere... The woste thing is... they do f**k ALL special... most don't even do their job well or with any sort of dedication... If you want good results you have to f**king work hard...

I guess Todd Carney still has some poison he left at the Raiders making it's rounds...

Last edited:

Hooch

Juniors
Who knows.. sometimes the pain is worse than what the scans show, could be misdiagnosed, no way to measure it.

They're obviously implying he cant play injured..

shear_joy9

Coach
Worrying story.

the only worrying part about it is that trash like that continues to get published.

don't forget it's from the same hacks that announced among other things that dugan had a fight with the furners and had signed for the roosters.

mxlegend99

Referee
Sounds like a load of crap to me. Dugan doesn't strike me as the sort of player that would sit on the sidelines if he thought he could play. Especially when it would hurt his career not to play - if he was out there for Raiders playing well he would be looking at earning an Origin jersey this year.

Timbo

Staff member
This is not the first time Dugan's ego has been mentioned though, and it's not always DUI Bec bringing it up.

I think there is genuine cause for concern.

Hooch

Juniors
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...to-seal-origin-spot-goes-begging/2157915.aspx

Canberra fullback Josh Dugan is in serious doubt for Origin I after withdrawing from last night's loss to Manly with a skin infection.Dugan will have tests this morning after sustaining yet another bizarre injury, this time an infection underneath his armpit.
After a strong performance for Country on Friday night, it was believed Dugan was marginally ahead of Parramatta star Jarryd Hayne in the race for the Blues fullback jumper.
Given the Eels had a bye over weekend, last night's match would have been an ideal chance for Dugan to further press his claims for an Origin debut.
Club medical officials were last night unsure how long Dugan would be sidelined for.
It is an unwelcome birthday present for Dugan, who turns 21 today.
He has now missed five matches this season after battling a nerve-related calf injury in the early rounds.
Canberra coach David Furner was hopeful Dugan would be fit to take on the Storm on Saturday.
''He's got an infection underneath his armpit, which has been lanced twice,'' Furner said.
''We were going to give him until the warm-up, but it was too risky.
''You take a guy like 'Duges' out of our backline and it's a fair strike weapon [to lose].''

Latest posts