What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan Poll

Does Mary pick Dugan to play Bulldogs?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I have voted "Yes".

My belief is that Dugan has never grown up. He remains a spoilt kid who during the 2nd half of the season has been sulking because he did not get what he wanted. I believe he genuinely wanted to stay with the Dragons but demanded and expected a significant pay rise. But instead he faced a pay cut and a blow to his pride with Millward claiming that the club had other plans for fullback and he would only be paid "centre money". He signed with the Sharks in a pique of anger, evidenced by the fact that he waived his right to the 10 day cooling off clause because he could not wait to thumb his nose at Millward.

I believe that Dugan should take his place for the final match. Like any developing child Dugan needs to have boundaries clearly laid out for him. This was done yesterday. I think his public humiliation will have had the desired effect on him especially as the team had a stirring win without him. Having said that I am also influenced by what is the best team. If it was a straight choice between Dugan and Mann I would go for Mann. But Dugan in and McCrone out makes a much better team.

Vinnie

Juniors
Leave him out .... and replace him with ???? Let me guess McCrone or FFL ??? Cmon guys ... give me a better solution and then lets decide.

I think we should play our best 17 available this week, so that means that I would pick Dugan at centre and Mann at halfback. Mcrone should not be in our 17 man squad.
Spot on because if we do that then the Team is the priority.
Dugan should be just another player and a cog in the wheel rather than a legend in his own mind.
If he has any semblance of decency, he will lift and play his role to the best of his ability.
Not overplay his hand and do too much which usually stuffs us up.
That approach will serve our purpose best of all.
Mann for McCrone is a must but the bench is a real worry for me.
Should be all forwards in my view with genuine rotation especially considering Frizell is not 100%.
I am afraid that McCrone will be there for sure and who knows who else McGregor deems a first grader.

denis preston

First Grade
Wake up!

Of course we don't know all the facts about the stand down but the team bonded today and played for each other. Dugan won't be here next year either. The team - read that as - TEAM - are better off without Dugan.

Dufty has gone past him and so has Mann.

Play the same team as today and see the result.

You do know that it would then mean Mccrone plays ?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Spot on because if we do that then the Team is the priority.
Dugan should be just another player and a cog in the wheel rather than a legend in his own mind.
If he has any semblance of decency, he will lift and play his role to the best of his ability.
Not overplay his hand and do too much which usually stuffs us up.
That approach will serve our purpose best of all.
Mann for McCrone is a must but the bench is a real worry for me.
Should be all forwards in my view with genuine rotation especially considering Frizell is not 100%.
I am afraid that McCrone will be there for sure and who knows who else McGregor deems a first grader.

All true, except there is now a risk Duges will miss the bus again, or turn up late, or hit the turps in the lead-up. Why? Because he has shown a few times now he puts himself before the team. There is no option now but to have a plan in place that excludes Duges.

McCrone, MacDonald, KFFL all bog average first graders, but at least you know they will be there.

All true, except there is now a risk Duges will miss the bus again, or turn up late, or hit the turps in the lead-up. Why? Because he has shown a few times now he puts himself before the team. There is no option now but to have a plan in place that excludes Duges.

McCrone, MacDonald, KFFL all bog average first graders, but at least you know they will be there.
Just read an article about more revelations that have emerged regarding Dugan and Ferguson's antics before SOO 2.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...t/news-story/d5cb5aec0228b6a400abf1264c98c43b
McGregor must have been aware of what was going on and his heartfelt comment about Dugan yesterday was "Josh is hurting..."
It's totally nauseating to be honest.
If Dugan had previous form and McGregor knew about it, then that alone compromises the team culture and promotes unforgivable double standards.
How do you think the rest of the squad would be feeling right now?

He makes the 17 stronger if he manages to keep his head out of the drama and show so heart in what might be his last performance in the mighty red V.

I voted yes but happy for this to be left with Mary if it involves heavy consultation with the senior playing group

Coffs dragon

Bench
Tough call as we all want the best team on the field to give us the best chance, however discipline & backbone are the makings of a successful team.
Can you see Bellamy tolerating this type of form at the Storm......I can't!!

SGMax

Juniors
Tough call as we all want the best team on the field to give us the best chance, however discipline & backbone are the makings of a successful team.
Can you see Bellamy tolerating this type of form at the Storm......I can't!!

Yep, Bellamy went really hard when one of his players was caught in possession of drugs.....one week.
Imagine if it had been Dugan, there would have been calls for him to never play NRL again.

Can't believe the hate for Dugan and the Dragons from outsiders suggesting he be stood down for a second match for missing a bus.
It should be an internal matter and the team and club be put first....whatever that may mean.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Yep, Bellamy went really hard when one of his players was caught in possession of drugs.....one week.
Imagine if it had been Dugan, there would have been calls for him to never play NRL again.

Can't believe the hate for Dugan and the Dragons from outsiders suggesting he be stood down for a second match for missing a bus.
It should be an internal matter and the team and club be put first....whatever that may mean.
That Bromwich drug incident happened within the NZ representative camp and the bloke was permanently stripped of his countries captaincy and shamed. It was dealt with by the NZRL and fined imposed. Completely different to the Dugan episode in Dragons clubland. The Dugan/Ferguson Lennox drinks session was a NSW Origin problem as well and should not be disciplined by the Dragons. Being permanently left out of any future Origin matches is big enough punishment.

Old Timer

Coach
That Bromwich drug incident happened within the NZ representative camp and the bloke was permanently stripped of his countries captaincy and shamed. It was dealt with by the NZRL and fined imposed. Completely different to the Dugan episode in Dragons clubland. The Dugan/Ferguson Lennox drinks session was a NSW Origin problem as well and should not be disciplined by the Dragons. Being permanently left out of any future Origin matches is big enough punishment.
Interesting the coach says he has had 1 only issue and that is missing the bus last weekend.
He may well have not caught the plane home from Brisbane with the rest of the team but that doesn't instantly mean he missed the plane and as the coach doesn't mention it, then it is a non issue.
The SOO I agree is a separate issue but still not 1 scrap of proof he goofed up at Lennox Head or that he was on the grog so to speak.
Being at the pub may not have been the smartest thing to do but doesn't mean to say he was a dick head or misbehaved and there is absolutely no proof to say he did.
Now there is the alleged room issue which he denies and there has been nothing mentioned by any hotel.
Lot's of finger pointing but no proof so other than missing 1 bus nothing to answer for and he has already been punished for that but as I said elsewhere if there have been cover ups I will be filthy.
Re people saying he has dropped form or whatever I don't agree with that sure he has bungled a few tries but how about Nene?
People saying he will be playing centre at Sharks well we will know the answer to that when het get there but I suspect he will end up wearing the No 1.

Uplifting

Juniors
He'll play.

But I'd like him to come off the bench or on the wing - not sure how he'd take that though. Personally I like having centres and fullback with a reliable ability to pass the ball. Nothing to do with missing the bus.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Crucial game you need to pick the best 17 and a team with McCrone is NOT the best 17. Dugan will be hanging to play finals footy and will put in an effort. He seems to be a selfish bloke so making finals will stroke his ego more.

They destroyed Mann at centre last time we played Dogs and will do so again so we need Mann at 1/2 and not centre.