What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN TO BE ANNOUNCED A SHARK THIS FRIDAY!

St Georgio

Juniors
Just a hypothetical question what if this does a complete about face & he decides to re-sign.Will there still be the anger.:confused:
Players are well aware about how fans react, they use it to justify there action either way, If Dugan was to stay he would be considered in the same way as Jason Nightingale, if he leaves he would be considered just another player who came and left for bigger money, even Brett Morris gets a spray from some here.

Gareth67

First Grade
Just a hypothetical question what if this does a complete about face & he decides to re-sign.Will there still be the anger.:confused:

This sorry saga has been running for sooooo long now that I just want it over - one way or another . I am disappointed in the way that the whole episode has overshadowed what started off as a most satisfying start to the dragons season .

Not only Duges contract dramas , but everything else to this point in time . To me , this forum must be sick to our stomachs of hearing about where our players are going to next year , especially at this stage of the season .

The only thing that could make this any worse now , would an announcement from Mr. Doubt that our beloved Mary has been resigned for another 3 years .

I feel so bad at this point in time , that I may take a leaf from Johnno McJohnno's book and go and kick a dog , I mean a Hog .

Last edited:

jay mac

Juniors
Dugan and Packer were two of our key players in our power plan style of football. Maybe they don't like the power plan style.
I wasn't talking about Packer; it broke my heart on Tuesday when that announcement came through. Maybe that contradicts my third point, above, but I'm just really doubtful that we can cover that loss internally or with what's available externally. And I was more than a little insulted that they "saved" the announcement of Vaughan's extension for the same day. However, I am completely apathetic toward Dugan leaving.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Heard Dugan was ment to sign today but suffered a hamstring injury while jogging to shark headquarters

Correct ..... Flanningan witness Dugan pulling up lame at the club stairs.
A medicab was forthcoming but a mobility scooter was the players choice to navigate the foyer and the main desk.
Security was called for at the elevator to ensure no further hold ups would delay the signing of this first grade crock.

Inside reports stated that Dugan phoned a friend to sign on his behalf, due writers cramp.

Flanningan then announced to the media that the Sharks were the first club to pay a million bucks a season for a over-tattooed, over-priced, over-injured self-centred cruzier drinking first grader.

Flanningan said the Dugan fitted the drug look and culture of the Nulla Narks.

End

Last edited:

gitano

Juniors
The most disappointing thing in the Dugan saga for mine, has been the carry on by some in here.

Seeing the attitude shift from 'must re-sign him' to unimaginative posts about tattoos/cruisers/injury once negotiations have turned shows a lack of class in my opinion.

Duges has been a great signing for us. He's obviously matured considerably since joining the club and has always put his body on the line. Yeah he might stay down from time to time, but he plays it tougher than most.

If he stays, great. But if he leaves, he deserves a bit of respect. If the figures are true with what Cronulla have offered, I'd like to see how many here would leave the $1 million difference on the table.

Bench
I don't blame Dugan for taking the money and hope is does Ok at the sharpies.
He always have 110% for us.
It's all a business now for clubs and players. Every club in the NRL is going to face the same issue we have with Dugan.

Old Timer

Coach
All the childish carry on about Dugan is most dissappointing and makes me sad that supporters can be so fickle
Dugan has been a great Dragon and deserves to be praised not ridiculed
Time for a few people in here to wake up to themselves

GC Dragon

Juniors
All the childish carry on about Dugan is most dissappointing and makes me sad that supporters can be so fickle
Dugan has been a great Dragon and deserves to be praised not ridiculed
Time for a few people in here to wake up to themselves
Agree. Over the last 4 years he has been the clubs best . And I don't mean just as a player I mean the club as a whole from CEO down . Gave 100% each and every time . No other person involved with the club over the past 4 years could say that .

Mark D

Juniors
Let's move on folks!!! I honestly feel this will be a good thing for us... At the start of the year most had Dufty playing FB and Duges in the centre... We now have options and the potential to put someone at FB who can ball play and distribute... Widdop Mann Field Dufty or another..

How about we get back to focusing on this year as when we are full strength only Melbourne worry me.

Mark D

Juniors
Also if we just went and paid Duges or Packer what they wanted then we would have been squeezed on the cap leaving our juniors vulnerable to poaching from sides with a bugger all junior base e.g. The Sharks....

The Sharks have paid overs .... good luck to the peptide eating , Rak snorting, should have been kicked out of the competition years ago freaks...

thebigredv

First Grade
Our ability to bring on powerful, elite juniors has really seemed to dry up over the last decade or so, meaning losing a marquee player as in Dugan or Packer is hard to swallow. We constantly seem to be in a rebuilding phase because of it. McGregor wrongly, or rightly, has not put much faith in a lot of our juniors (Leilua, Field, Dufty, Herbert just to name a few) opting for borderline-reasonable first graders instead. Unless Dragons quickly turn around and replace Packer and Dugan the fans will be rightfully disgruntled. We've paid huge money for Ben Hunt and we want some real success.

j0nesy

Bench
Good idea, only Mary will play him at fullback - unless told otherwise by Doust. I honestly would welcome the idea of Millward making an offer for Hayne. We probably the only Club with enough cap to make an offer and a two year deal would give us time to blood Field and Dufty for firest grade.
How many games do you think Dufty or Field will get at fullback with Hayne playing there?