What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dummy Half / Utility

So considering we have had problems with a ruck defense after about 35 minutes in the game, most are pointing out and I agree that Joey seems to be struggling.

After having been to a few cup grade games this year I can't see Boods as a solution this year so given we supposedly have cap space and top 30 spots available.

Who should we be chasing as a Back up dummy half that can then move into a middle forward spot if needed ?

Please don't say Reed, he went home, I am over it so should you all.

I can also state that I think it is Joey's issue because I think the loses last year against the Storm and then the Broncos were the same sort of issue and Joey was playing but I am happy to be proven wrong

Germ was next level scary to watch on the sideline when he coached.

His temper was just that little bit calmer than Burt (Kenny not Luke)

Wally21

Bench
That list of hookers is not exactly a list of outstanding players. It won’t happen, but the player I would take from that list would be Walters. He won’t leave the Broncs, but he is a the best of that lot

For the rest of this season, I still haven't seen a reason Hands shouldn't be considered? He was #2 to Hodgson, and in reality was #1 over what Hodgson produced for us.

He can easily be the #2 to Lussick as well, to (coach willing) prevent Lussick doing 80mins. And then we need to buy a decent dummy half for 2025 from the list - or not on the list, but a candidate for release.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Thought we blindly missed a trick with Jeremy Marshal King

The bloke was improving each year at the dogs to the point he was consistently good in a poor squad, acknowledged with kiwi caps in 2022

Whilst we in desperation, signed injury prone elder Hodgson as soon as Reed officially signed with the Dogs with the ink still wet, back end of 2021

If he was looking to get out id look at Cheese, even if it meant we needed to offload a back rower. Reminds me a bit of Piggy Riddell and what he brought to Parra

Gazzamatta

Coach
For the rest of this season, I still haven't seen a reason Hands shouldn't be considered? He was #2 to Hodgson, and in reality was #1 over what Hodgson produced for us.

He can easily be the #2 to Lussick as well, to (coach willing) prevent Lussick doing 80mins. And then we need to buy a decent dummy half for 2025 from the list - or not on the list, but a candidate for release.
You've forgot about the elephant in the room.

Latest posts