What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dunley & Heckenberg to Manly

Freak

Juniors
Why would you go to a loser club like Manly. Cash strapped, new untried coach who will be barking instructions at you from behind the line of defence.:p

1 of 2 things must have happened.
1. We offered bugger all to keep both of them
2. Manly offered a shitload to them.

Very bizarre!!

ParraMatt

Bench
I think Heckenberg will be a great player at Manly, Just like all the players that leave us.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Ronald Prince is gone to Manly as well.
Just said on Channel 10.

I'm guessing we are freeing up a bit for Amos Roberts.

Eelectrica

Referee
We got Cannings they got Heckenburg. I think we got the better of the "trade".
Having said that, I do think Heckenburg has really improved a lot over the year, but probably too late to have been retained by the club.

MEE

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
Having said that, I do think Heckenburg has really improved a lot over the year, but probably too late to have been retained by the club.
You forgot how much Cannings is getting a year. $200 000! for someone who isn't a rep. player....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
my eagle eye said:
Eelectrica said:
You forgot how much Cannings is getting a year. $200 000! for someone who isn't a rep. player....

Believe me Cannings has the potential to be a $200,000 player & rep.....that's why the offer was made to him!!,

I think it was great swap :lol: ........you have Hekenberg we have a potential rep in Cannings....all 117kg of him!! :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think it's funny how much Manly respect Parra's judgement!!,

They released Dunley......we saw something in him & utilised this....so manly brought him back dare i say probably for twice the price they paid for him in the first place.......good business ethic's there :lol: :lol: :lol:

glamour_eel

Juniors
Dunley, Prince, Heckenburg :(

Shit, I'm in the midst of doing "employment relations" in Year 12 Business Studies and surely with such a high level of staff turnover, one could accurately conclude that the Parramatta HR department needs to pull their finger out.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'll go out on a limb and say if those guys we're at our club next year they wouldn't make a full strength 20 man squad.

Shayne Dunley: was only signed for 25k and Parra din't want to better that considering he's age [28] and future potential. possible replacements are Morris, Hopkins, Muspratt and Webster

Hex: would of had Cannings, Cayless, Vella, Pearson, Solo and maybe Stapleton in front of him.

Prince: turning 26 [to old for a prem player IMO] would have Graeme and McKinnon in front of him.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
I'll go out on a limb and say if those guys we're at our club next year they wouldn't make a full strength 20 man squad.

Shayne Dunley: was only signed for 25k and Parra din't want to better that considering he's age [28] and future potential. possible replacements are Morris, Hopkins, Muspratt and Webster

Hex: would of had Cannings, Cayless, Vella, Pearson, Solo and maybe Stapleton in front of him.

Prince: turning 26 [to old for a prem player IMO] would have Graeme and McKinnon in front of him.

I agree with the decisions.....still though Dunley could have been a handy backup player for us & cheap!!, though i see his point of view and he needed to look else where to improve his earnings!!, you also forgot about Thorman as another of his rivals for a spot!......a great young player!!

Parraren

Bench
Apparently Dunley was not offered another contract due to the fact he has some chronic injury problems, possibly arthritic, and is a bit of a risk as far as getting a full season out of him is concerned. He's been out with injury for a few weeks now and also missed a few weeks mid season as well. From memory he was also injury plagued during his time with the Tigers & Manly. I think the club has opted for an emerging young talent in Thorman rather than offering Dunley more money (he's on $35K this year). Still sad to see him going but I can understand the logic behind his release to a certain extent.

Heckenberg has been playing well of late but the decision to let him go was made many months ago. Where was his form back then when we needed him to lift? He was getting smashed and making far too many mistakes and I certainly wasn't calling for him to be re-signed back then and neither was anyone else. I'm a big fan of Corey Pearson and I think with his experience and leadership we haven't lost anything with Heck's going. Tsoulos & Armit are also coming through the ranks and have loads more potential also.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
wish Hex was staying tho :(

We will have better players next year mate ;-) ,

He has been great for us over the 2nd half of the year together with Peek have been instrumnetal in Parra's form turn around!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Something I still cant work out is why we let go Heckenberg who is 23, and bought Pearson who is 31.
:?