What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dykes the most crucial

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
does any1 else think dykes is mayb the most crucial guy in our team
this kid has it all
the missing link sum ppl would say
i just cant get enough of dykes. his ball distribution and vision and kicking game is top notch. dykes is what weve been missing in the last month

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
this kid has it all
i just cant get enough of dykes. his ball distribution and vision and kicking game is top notch. dykes is what weve been missing in the last month

I agree he was outstanding last Friday.

Maybe another inspirational post from yourself could be your way of honouring him?

pogo

Juniors
dykes indeed did play well , but the team needs a massive lift in form.

the result was good but the manner in which it was achieved was very ordinary indeed.

Mako

Juniors
pogo said:

the result was good but the manner in which it was achieved was very ordinary indeed.

You need to stop this pogo, I am not sure I can handle agreeing with you!! :lol:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I contend that it is not Dykes (although he has been great) just that we have a real 5/8 in the team. Something we have missed for some time.
Any half decent geunine number 6 would be helping our team a great deal.

White Poiner

Coach
Yeah dykes was good,noddy has some injury he did not kick with his right foot all friday night so we can improve alot. If gallens run resulted in atry the score could of been anything.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
pogo said:

I also agree.

To put it into a bit of perspective, The Roosters were only about 50% of the opposition that either the Eels, The Cows or even the Tigers were.

They had nothing and would of beat us by 20 or more if they had of had a 5/8 IMO.

The slide has been arrested, I hope not temporarily, but we haven't turned any corners yet based on Friday.

wittyfan

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
this kid has it all

Bah, poppycock! Covell is the glue that is holding this team together.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Mr Angry said:
Well I contend that it is not Dykes (although he has been great) just that we have a real 5/8 in the team. Something we have missed for some time.
Any half decent geunine number 6 would be helping our team a great deal.

We haven't won a game this year without him. And in the Penrith game after he went off they came damn close to running us down.

carinashark

First Grade
Dykes can do allthe things noddy can, but kicks better . When we get Hilder back we will have four ( Sully) players able to attack using kicks in play. I just hope we use this abundant resourse ! Add to that Gallen an Nige who can grubber close in and we should be able to terrorise the opposition on the 5th.
Carinashark

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
We haven't won a game this year without him. And in the Penrith game after he went off they came damn close to running us down.
Agreed he is the ONLY geunine 6 we have played. When we put backrowers there we lose as we did last year - yet they persist. The left side suddenly never gets the ball and the opposition number 6's just run around thier opposite.

Don't get me wrong Dykes has played very well, but again I say any decent 6 would be an improvement on a backrower.

The guy is far from reliable, and any absence by him through injury needs to be covered, by someone who can fill the same role.

In short, yes we have not won without him and will struggle without him IF the same selection policy (i.e. replace him with someone who CANNOT do what he does) continues.

Seriously I am the only who will be filthy if Dykes cops and injury and they replace him with backrower yet again?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Mr Angry said:
Agreed he is the ONLY geunine 6 we have played. When we put backrowers there we lose as we did last year - yet they persist. The left side suddenly never gets the ball and the opposition number 6's just run around thier opposite.

Don't get me wrong Dykes has played very well, but again I say any decent 6 would be an improvement on a backrower.

The guy is far from reliable, and any absence by him through injury needs to be covered, by someone who can fill the same role.

In short, yes we have not won without him and will struggle without him IF the same selection policy (i.e. replace him with someone who CANNOT do what he does) continues.

Seriously I am the only who will be filthy if Dykes cops and injury and they replace him with backrower yet again?

No Mr Anger person, I too will not be happy about that.

Thomo.

First Grade
Besides dykes. Paul Mellor is solid in his position and the stability of some palyers. he brings strength, size and and a hell of a lot of experience. and that CHIN!! its huge jerry.

great footballer.

but dykes goes off. the way he holds the ball can confuse the defensive. he chased down amos roberts when he was away to the first half, opicture made the back page of the tele. great effort dykes a key man in ourm side for sure.

I agree we weren't great on Friday. Winning ugly is better than the 5 match losing sequence some were pencilling on for the Sharks. Our win loss graph has taken an upward turn. 22 points. We've corrected a slide around a nasty hair pin on Bulli pass. May the right direction continue.

Seems we've got a few iniggling injuries. Hope they're not long term

Latest posts