What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dykes the most crucial

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Friday was a good win, but nothing special. The only real positive I can see coming out of it was our defence, as soon as we held them out in the early sets with back to back posession we were always going to look good - and if you get rid of that bullshyte try where they knocked in order earlier and we nearly kept them scoreless, in fluff terms that is.

As for inidivudal brilliance that has lifted our side, you could prity much list all of our recent purchases with a mix of the usual performers from the team. Dykes in attack has been a stand out for mine, getting us through tough games (Warriors, even Roosters with that beauty to Vagana) and he also brings other players who previously didnt seem much ball into the game! Second player is Mellor, I think defensively he is one reason behind our previously solid record, he showed this again v Roosters on his comeback and even showed he has a bag of neat tricks under his sleeve for such a big man!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Sutho_Sharks said:
Second player is Mellor, I think defensively he is one reason behind our previously solid record, he showed this again v Roosters on his comeback and even showed he has a bag of neat tricks under his sleeve for such a big man!

Its amazing what a boy from Marist Pagewood can do hey:)

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
I agree with the Mellor posters. The improvement in Covell's game when Mellor is playing alongside him is huge. He (Covell) was so much better this week than last.

That said, Dykes and Sully were inspirational in the way they took the pressure off Noddy. Top marks to both for that effort alone. That must have lifted everyone, and it showed in the second half defence.

menai_dogs

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
does any1 else think dykes is mayb the most crucial guy in our team
this kid has it all
the missing link sum ppl would say
i just cant get enough of dykes. his ball distribution and vision and kicking game is top notch. dykes is what weve been missing in the last month

Dykes is a legend. if we make the top eight, we will be relying on dykes more than noddy. noddy's a great player but always seems to choke under pressure.