What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown is overrated

yy_cheng

Coach
I think Dylan's front line defence is fine, but he's not an organising half/five eighth (and probably isn't going to be.

If we had someone (cheaper) to better fit the bill or combine with Moses in that position, then Dylan would be handy at centre plugging some of our leaky defence there, but also being just as dangerous in attack albeit a little wider.
Not if the 5/8th inside him is a shit defender

The try he scored last game was a fb try where he had more space than he normally had at 58

King-Gutho94

Coach
FMD what a shambles I didn't realise we were last until every Tom, Dick and Harry who support the other 16 clubs messaged me Sunday Arvo asking me how is the view going atm from the bottom level

Wally21

Bench
Once again against moderate opposition when we needed him, DID SWEET f**k ALL. Most overrated player in the game. Period.
Mate, he is overrated. But I can think of a few more like him. Reece Walsh for 1. Penisini for another

Gronk

Staff member
My initial observations are he hasn't been the same player since he got arrested last year

His stats show he is still running the ball and one of the best defensive halves in the game.

Maybe what he is now is he ceiling and we have completely overrated him.

Reckon he is worth 700-800k but are paying an extra 15-20% GST atm.
I think that he spends too much energy on the scramble, cleaning up the missed tackles in cover.

Maybe if others do their job ...

Noise

Coach
My initial observations are he hasn't been the same player since he got arrested last year

His stats show he is still running the ball and one of the best defensive halves in the game.

He runs the ball and tackles well but that is basically what we need from an edge forward or centre. He needs to do more as a big money half.

Gherkin

Juniors

Lucky we gave him all those player options to keep the price of his contract down

JokerEel

Coach
I’d be giving Brown a go at fullback next year and I’d be putting Blaize or Gutherson at 6.

Brown with his running game and strength could be a sensation at 1.

With Brown at fullback and Moses at Halfback we don't really need an expensive 5/8 just one that can backup (have speed) and be good defensively..

Might be good for Blaize at 5/8 but his defense is shit at the moment..

TheParraboy

Staff member
I’d be giving Brown a go at fullback next year and I’d be putting Blaize or Gutherson at 6.

Hope the new coach comes on board and does this straight away, or tells Barrett to do it

Can then have the whole off season to train there as well, and look back to these last 8 games to see what has been done well, and what needs to be worked on

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hope the new coach comes on board and does this straight away, or tells Barrett to do it

Can then have the whole off season to train there as well, and look back to these last 8 games to see what has been done well, and what needs to be worked on
The new coach may have to promise Barrett an assistant role though.

I am sure T-Baz would love to help the new coach that wouldn't want him on his staff.

Rocket man

Juniors
With Brown at fullback and Moses at Halfback we don't really need an expensive 5/8 just one that can backup (have speed) and be good defensively..

Might be good for Blaize at 5/8 but his defense is shit at the moment..
Does Blaise have speed?
Never seen him in the open.

Gherkin

Juniors

1.Brown
2.Talagi/Lomax
3.Talagi/Lomax
4.Penisini
5.Sivo??
6.Gutherson
7.Moses

A metre eating winger in place of Sivo would be nice