What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown is overrated

Remember that game in NZ in the wet when we were stuck on our line and he kicks it to the winger and we go down field and eventually score???

Imagine a fit and well Tim Smith with peak Jarryd??? But we are Parra and not allowd nice things. Instead we get 11 years of Bea Arthur.
What could have been.

hindy111

Post Whore
Remember that game in NZ in the wet when we were stuck on our line and he kicks it to the winger and we go down field and eventually score???

Imagine a fit and well Tim Smith with peak Jarryd??? But we are Parra and not allowd nice things. Instead we get 11 years of Bea Arthur.

Our greats since I started watching footy in 1991

Hayne, Lyon,Hindmarsh,Semi,T.Smith (Potentially) MoiMoi.
Sad most didn't reach their potential or stay at the club.

Hiney I still blow ropes over Hayne, Smith, Mateo & Inu tearing Brisbane a new one at Parra Stadium back in ‘07. They were untouchable that day. What could have been…

Chipmunk

Coach
I am very aware. He was the best junior that I ever saw. I watched him closely after @Jake the snake pointed him out. In 2005 he had the best rookie season and still holds the NRL record for most try assists with 40. In 2007 he had another exceptional year until his mental health got the better of him.
Surely The Plane was a better as a junior? I doubt there's been a more talented individual come near the club this century to be honest.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Fair enough. I didn't see his junior talent, but that was evident through what he produced in the first senior season.

When I hear Tim Smith mentioned i just think what a shame (for him) that he shone so briefly in the scheme of things.
We would have looked after him a lot better now as well.

2007-2008 mental health wasn't seen the way it is now.

Even Billy Slater told Cory Paterson to go and cry in his room over his depression battles in that period as well.

Can you imagine if Slater said that now.

He would have been suspended for half the season.

Zoso

Juniors

I remember that game. I think John Morris did a banana kick to the wing for a try as well.
I think Tim tried the ‘kick inside your 20 to your wing’ against the Cowboys in the prelim final. If only it worked that day!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Tim Smith and Jarryd Hayne are/were flawed individuals. Talented, but ultimately too fragile and aimless imo. Great when everything was going well, but disastrous otherwise.

You could argue that a great coach could mould them both, but I believe that those coaches are great because they would have arseholed them both before they even made first grade because of their shit attitudes.

T-Boon

Coach
Tim Smith and Jarryd Hayne are/were flawed individuals. Talented, but ultimately too fragile and aimless imo. Great when everything was going well, but disastrous otherwise.

You could argue that a great coach could mould them both, but I believe that those coaches are great because they would have arseholed them both before they even made first grade because of their shit attitudes.
The only flaw with Hayne was he wasn’t a great leader.
how do you put Hayne (one of the best players of all time) along side Tim Smith who was a flop as a first grader?