What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Dylan Walker off-field indiscretions

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There is a current ABC news story reporting differently:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-26/nrl-player-dylan-walker-yanke-fiance-hair-court-told/10850004

“The couple appeared in court separately this morning — former Sea Eagles players John Hopoate and Matt Ballin came to support Mr Walker”
What the ABC report becomes moot when there is clear factual evidence he was there for his own matters:

Timmah

Staff member
I have posted the article and what it says. Take it up with the ABC if you disagree.
All well and good but it is a fact that Hopoate was there on three unrelated matters. He may well have supported Walker, but he was there primarily to front court for his cases.

Cactus

Juniors
All well and good but it is a fact that Hopoate was there on three unrelated matters. He may well have supported Walker, but he was there primarily to front court for his cases.

Let us all know what happens when you call the ABC for an explanation.

mave

Coach
So nope. Not baseless or unsubstantiated at all.

You went off half cocked old mate. Bit of a John Hopoate fan are you ?

Edit..
I was 100% wrong.
Hoppa was there, purely to support Walker.

Apologies to LU

Cactus

Juniors
Certainly not.

I eagerly await an ABC retraction.

Not like that will make any difference on this site.

Give em a call and put them straight mate.

I am sure when you enlighten them by telling them another publication says differently they will go all out to rectify things.

Timmah

Staff member
Let us all know what happens when you call the ABC for an explanation.
Pass.
Give em a call and put them straight mate.

I am sure when you enlighten them by telling them another publication says differently they will go all out to rectify things.
It's not "another publication", it's the official record of court lists lol. It's not up for dispute:

upload_2019-2-26_14-59-10.png

mistertaylor

Juniors
I don't understand how the alleged victim can now say something didn't happen when they originally said it did happen, and eyewitnesses have also testified that it did happen?

Xcalibre

Juniors
The initial reporting of it by the complainant and her injuries seen on the police camera are damning. They also have the 000 call and 12 witnesses. One of which, the neighbour testified that they witnessed the assault, and was adamant when the defense supposed that they didn’t have a good view of it and that in fact they saw Walker place his hand on his girlfriend’s shoulder to get her to turn around, not pull her hair. The witness testified, “No, I saw what I saw”.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/26/court-told-of-scuffle-involving-manlys-dylan-walker/

Last edited by a moderator:

Valheru

Coach
I don't understand how the alleged victim can now say something didn't happen when they originally said it did happen, and eyewitnesses have also testified that it did happen?

People change their account of events or testimony all the time.

In cases like these they become unwilling victims for a variety of reasons usually to do with the fact they want the relationship to continue and/or financial security.

mistertaylor

Juniors
People change their account of events or testimony all the time.

In cases like these they become unwilling victims for a variety of reasons usually to do with the fact they want the relationship to continue and/or financial security.
So, if Walker is found guilty, would his partner be at risk of being charged with contempt for lying under oath?

Why even talk about this, Hayne, DeBelin, the Tigers CEO or any of the other disgusting behaviours Rugby League players and officials are doing to destroy this game.

The only thing that matters is that Cronulla do anything and and it’s worse as if a murder has been committed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts