What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamo through to 3rd round

Big Bunny

Juniors
Well done to Dynamo Moscow on their first win in the Challenge Cup. They defeated West Bowling 22-18.

roopy

Referee
That is a great result - maybe they will host the next tie - which would give them a chance to win against most sides I reckon.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Non UK teams aren't allowed a home tie until the fourth round. Even with the Kiwis playing for Dynamo I think they will be doing it very tough next game unless they play against someone like York or the Skolars.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Well done Dynamo - Russia needs all the success it can get. Hopefully Russia will soon be competing with the European middleweights like Wales and France.

ali

Bench
Big Bunny, who are the Kiwis playing for Dynamo? Did they play this weekend? How many have they got?

Big Bunny

Juniors
I read that they (the 4 Kiwis) were roped in by Dynamo's owner from NZ 'A' under the suggestion of Bob Bailey. I'm not really familiar with the Bartercard Cup scene though.

Jeffles

Bench
Well done to Dynamo. Good luck in the next round. They could draw anyone from Leigh to Skolars and in between.

ali

Bench
Big Bunny said:
I read that they (the 4 Kiwis) were roped in by Dynamo's owner from NZ 'A' under the suggestion of Bob Bailey. I'm not really familiar with the Bartercard Cup scene though.

I've since managed to get onto the totalrl.com forum. They had 3 Kiwis. One was Lee Finnerty who played for Halifax last season and the 2 others supposedly toured with the NZ A team. Bailey is not only there to help Dynamo, but under instructions to help the coaches at all the other top clubs in Russia.

deluded pom?

Coach
ali said:
Big Bunny, who are the Kiwis playing for Dynamo? Did they play this weekend? How many have they got?

The three Kiwis mentioned in the U.K. trade press are Lee Finnerty ,Paul Fisiiahi and Siali Tufeao . All three started the game ,Finnerty at half ,Fisiiahi at centre and Tufeao lock .Check the spelling ,in a report the lock is named as Futeao ! Maybe any Kiwis out there can put this right .

ouwet

Bench
Arent English teams packed with Australians And Kiwis? even the Super league teams are... Well Done Dynamo!

In-goal

Bench
Arent English teams packed with Australians And Kiwis? even the Super league teams are... Well Done Dynamo!

No the English sides below SL level would only have one non british player as this is part of the make up of national leagues, although certain clubs do have concesions such as London skholars and maybe gateshed.

At amatuer level there is no need for southern hemisphere players as these are mainly development clubs although there are whisperings of some clubs paying handsome salaries.

Jeffles

Bench
Dinamo have drawn Rochdale Hornets for the next round. Rochdale are depleted due to money problems but no one is expecting them to lose.

Still I hope it is a fantastic day for RL in Rochdale and in Russia.