What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easter Egg Round - Other Games

King-Gutho94

Coach
No way I would've thought riff gets up tonight...they completely bossed the brave roosters....I guess we did alright then against the riff with getting a player taken out almost immediately after kick off
I reckon we beat them if Simmonson wasn't knocked out.

Not saying they wouldn't have torn us to shreds at some point down that side but with a reshuffle it changed the game.

Soto

Bench
With Turuva wanting to test the open market I'd be going hard for him. Get him on board move Gutho to centre or move him on...Turuva has another 8-10 years. Guth 1-2 Max.
If anyone watched panfers lower grades a couple of years ago he was playing fullback.. perfect replacement

Wally21

Bench
With Turuva wanting to test the open market I'd be going hard for him. Get him on board move Gutho to centre or move him on...Turuva has another 8-10 years. Guth 1-2 Max.
If anyone watched panfers lower grades a couple of years ago he was playing fullback.. perfect replacement
Go after him sure, but I’m of the firm opinion that Gutho needs to be at fullback. IMO the only way this changes is if we buy a proven first grade fullback. He has shown time and time again that he is the glue that holds the side together.
Turuva looks great at the end of a Riff back line, but so did one trick pony Burton.

Delboy

First Grade
Hiney , you must have been salivating to comment on the winger scoring 3 tries down the Roosters left edge. Thought we were the only team that were vulnerable to quick shifts to the edges, not the vaunted Roosters.

Soto

Bench
Go after him sure, but I’m of the firm opinion that Gutho needs to be at fullback. IMO the only way this changes is if we buy a proven first grade fullback. He has shown time and time again that he is the glue that holds the side together.
Turuva looks great at the end of a Riff back line, but so did one trick pony Burton.
Fair call...move Sivo on if he keeps getting suspended or regresses...Then Turuva can be groomed as the fullback in waiting...I wouldn't be looking to make Blaize the long term fullback...centre or 5/8 for Blaize

hindy111

Post Whore
Hiney , you must have been salivating to comment on the winger scoring 3 tries down the Roosters left edge. Thought we were the only team that were vulnerable to quick shifts to the edges, not the vaunted Roosters.

Im still buzzing Delboy. I have a beautiful glow this morning to my complexion. How's yourself?
What would Turuva cost? If 500k then it's ok. He could be a decent fullback which makes him cheap but worse case a decent winger and not to much overs. If I had to chose him or Blaize I'd go Blaize.
What we are witnessing is maybe the best side ever in the history of rugby league so love or hate them we all are privileged to be a part of this. History unfolding

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When the Goosters have that problem for 11 seasons get back to me.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Goosters halves aren’t good enough, Keary looks done and Walker is a homeless man’s Alfie Langer.
Mate who is chooks fan declared to me last year after round 1 when the Dolphins beat them in there 1st game at Suncorp.

Sam Walker will never win us a comp is what he told me,

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I don't know if it was just me but when they called the possible obstruction I was looking at Luai getting possibly impeded. I didn't hear the commentary, thank goodness, but it like there was a slight obstruction. I wouldve been fine if they called try but in the end its the letter of the law. It's against the Roosters so who cares lol.

Coaches can have a whinge but every year they want to change the rules and comes back to bite them

Soto

Bench
The video ref box has had some howlers already this year. Edwards purposely collides into Hargrubs who was in a different postcode. Riff are a very good side but admittedly they have been very fortunate with dubious decisions over the last couple of years. Blatant cheating with blockers, offside on kick chasers and who can forget the faking injuries to stop play with their grub trainers running on waving their arms to the refs to stop play...finally their tactics are being banned but they have been able to execute better than anyone and barely make an error in possession...I'm pretty certain their completions are best in the league. They are still a powerhouse...not missing Chrichton at all.
I just can't bare them winning it again...they must be stopped

King-Gutho94

Coach
The video ref box has had some howlers already this year. Edwards purposely collides into Hargrubs who was in a different postcode. Riff are a very good side but admittedly they have been very fortunate with dubious decisions over the last couple of years. Blatant cheating with blockers, offside on kick chasers and who can forget the faking injuries to stop play with their grub trainers running on waving their arms to the refs to stop play...finally their tactics are being banned but they have been able to execute better than anyone and barely make an error in possession...I'm pretty certain their completions are best in the league. They are still a powerhouse...not missing Chrichton at all.
I just can't bare them winning it again...they must be stopped
There not unbeatable. You have to be prepared to absorb there punishment and go set for set.

There record against the flashy teams like Souths, Manly, Roosters since 2020 is proof those teams haven't learn how to beat them.

They are 24-2 against those 3 sides with Souths being the only side to have beaten them twice but also lost 9 times in that period.

Roosters and Manly haven't beaten them in the 2020s.

Youq probably need a bit of luck but when don't you.

The past 5 seasons the only time we have played Penrith we got completely dominated was when we shat the bed on GF day. The other 10 games since 2020 we have either won or been in the fight until the final moments.

I dare say if this group managed to get to a GF against Penrith again. We would be better prepared and give a better account. Just gotta get there so the experience of 2022 wasn't a one off.

Soto

Bench
There not unbeatable. You have to be prepared to absorb there punishment and go set for set.

There record against the flashy teams like Souths, Manly, Roosters since 2020 is proof those teams haven't learn how to beat them.

They are 24-2 against those 3 sides with Souths being the only side to have beaten them twice but also lost 9 times in that period.

Roosters and Manly haven't beaten them in the 2020s.

Youq probably need a bit of luck but when don't you.

The past 5 seasons the only time we have played Penrith we got completely dominated was when we shat the bed on GF day. The other 10 games since 2020 we have either won or been in the fight until the final moments.

I dare say if this group managed to get to a GF against Penrith again. We would be better prepared and give a better account. Just gotta get there so the experience of 2022 wasn't a one off.
💯

Soto

Bench
This is the perfect rnd for the magic round in Sydney. Easter show next door, long weekend...it's a f'n no brainer