What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easter NRL / Broadcast Schedule

Seriously I am scratching my head with the Easter and in particular Broadcast Schedule for this weekends games.

Why on earth did we have to have 2 Friday Night games on FTA this year, and the Channel 9 Sunday game was 2 non traditional rivals. Also was unusual not to have a game in QLD (but 2 of there teams were on FTA)!

Surely when the broadcast was done channel 9 would have picked Souths v Bulldogs for a FTA game.

I was thinking for Easter next year, why don't we go with:

Thursday 19:30
Friday 15:00
Friday 19:30
Saturday: 17:30
Saturday 19:30
Sunday: 15:00
Monday: 15:00
Monday 19:00

While I am there make the Tigers v Eels a traditional Easter Monday game!

Diesel

Referee
I know why there were two games, but it makes no sense at all.

The above draw looks about right, when we get the 9th game then we'll get a second Sunday or Thirsday but I question the need for Monday night when we had a Monday arvo game

Seriously I am scratching my head with the Easter and in particular Broadcast Schedule for this weekends games.

Why on earth did we have to have 2 Friday Night games on FTA this year, and the Channel 9 Sunday game was 2 non traditional rivals. Also was unusual not to have a game in QLD (but 2 of there teams were on FTA)!

Surely when the broadcast was done channel 9 would have picked Souths v Bulldogs for a FTA game.

I was thinking for Easter next year, why don't we go with:

Thursday 19:30
Friday 15:00
Friday 19:30
Saturday: 17:30
Saturday 19:30
Sunday: 15:00
Monday: 15:00
Monday 19:00

While I am there make the Tigers v Eels a traditional Easter Monday game!

School holidays make both Easter Monday games, day games for sure.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If you have Thursday night that should remove the 2nd Friday night game. Either make it Friday arvo or put it on another day.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thursday might be an idea - 7:40pm Thu, 4pm Fri, 7:40pm Fri would be ideal.

Happy with 1 game Sunday if there's 2 games Monday, although ideally you'd have 2 Sunday 1 Monday arvo. Stuff MNF

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Last year I think we had 1 Thursday, 2 Friday (arvo and then night), one Saturday night, 2 Sunday (Arvo and night) and 2 Monday (arvo and night)

I like that format better but maybe have 2 Saturday and just one monday.

Last edited:

pHyR3

Juniors
i think we should have games at 7:20 or 7:25 rather than 7:40, i know it's only like 15-20 minutes difference but it is quite nice for families with small children to get home that little bit earlier imo.

plus you'd probably rate better if you finish earlier (again small kids probably have to sleep at like 9 or 9:30 im guessing)

nrlnrl

First Grade
I'd put the Thursday game on Sunday.
f**k knows why there is 2 Friday night games.

agree, the Thursday game would make it tougher to give teams appropriate amount of time to prepare ( especially with Broncos Night Football )