What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easts Amateur Juniors who played NRL.

kbw

Bench
you halfwit!!

The charter of Souths juniors is & always has been to produce junior players to come through as senior players for the Rabbitohs, its why they exist & its been why they were founded, the juniors can't exist without the seniors & probably vice versa

You know nothing of the situation & the skulduggery of your shite club along with Paddo colts, your small, worthless club deserves everything it gets, go away & learn about the situation, you flea

Me a halfwit, I think not, if I was I would be a $ouff$ supporte.
I know exaclty what is going on. Ask Ben Rogers and Luke Curry about fat Richo's attitude to signing local kids, its disgraceful. Souths Juniors do a great job, but its the Seniors that don't want these kids( or Richo more to the point).
I know what Paddo Colts have done and I think they are a disgrace.

If you want to talk about the foundation of Souths Juniors go and find out the people that financed it, they were not all $ouff$ people

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
Me a halfwit, I think not, if I was I would be a $ouff$ supporte.
I know exaclty what is going on. Ask Ben Rogers and Luke Curry about fat Richo's attitude to signing local kids, its disgraceful. Souths Juniors do a great job, but its the Seniors that don't want these kids( or Richo more to the point).
I know what Paddo Colts have done and I think they are a disgrace.

If you want to talk about the foundation of Souths Juniors go and find out the people that financed it, they were not all $ouff$ people

stop talking in riddles you petulant child & learn to spell, you HALFWIT, you have nothing to do with Luke or Ben, or know nothing of their affairs, you do not know anything about their relationship with Richo, stop big noting yourself as if you are in the know, i can assure you & everyone else on the forum that you aren't

As for the history of Souths Juniors, do some more research, take very close notice of what the charter of the club entails, now stick to shit you know about, your crappy little club & dodgy Greek car salesmen

kbw

Bench
Ha Billy, you are the halfwit. I know Luke Curry very well and have an immense respect for him.I also know the situation a lot better than most, having family involved in running junior clubs in the Eastern Suburbs RL.. A good friend has been writing a history of various aspects of the Eastern Suburbs and the information he turned up regarding the foundation of the Souths Juniors is quite interesting.

If all you have is to criticise my spelling, you have nothing. You are a typical $ouff$ supporter (except for the claimed knowledge of spelling), you have nothing except an inferiority complex. You have a tremendous coach in Maguire but its all nothing with a fat useless prick in Richardson killing everything.At least I guess he is representative of the majority of your supporters

H.H

Juniors
Just updating this list to add Taane Milne and also Scott Murray who i forgot about:

Ryan Cross
Jim Dymock
Craig Field
Anthony Cherrington
Tom Symonds
Aaron Gray
Ian Rubin
Blake Ayshford
Luke Ricketson
Bryan Fletcher
SKD
Sandor Earl
Taane Milne
Scott Murray
James Tamou

adamkungl

Immortal
Going back a bit, Radley played for Coogee Randwick Wombats the last year or two in his weeks off 20s.
Souths club but seem to have an arrangement with Roosters lately, had a few of their 20s I think. Not sure of details of any of it.

adamkungl

Immortal
What have Paddo Colts done to get everyone offside?

As for signing some kid from Parra, boo f**king hoo. It's a professional sport.

adamkungl

Immortal
stop talking in riddles you petulant child & learn to spell, you HALFWIT, you have nothing to do with Luke or Ben, or know nothing of their affairs, you do not know anything about their relationship with Richo, stop big noting yourself as if you are in the know, i can assure you & everyone else on the forum that you aren't

As for the history of Souths Juniors, do some more research, take very close notice of what the charter of the club entails, now stick to shit you know about, your crappy little club & dodgy Greek car salesmen

^Richo in here chucking a tantrum

H.H

Juniors
Going back a bit, Radley played for Coogee Randwick Wombats the last year or two in his weeks off 20s.
Souths club but seem to have an arrangement with Roosters lately, had a few of their 20s I think. Not sure of details of any of it.
He did, but that was only because Clovelly didn't have a side in that age group.

Played for the Crocs from a very young age.

adamkungl

Immortal
He did, but that was only because Clovelly didn't have a side in that age group.

Played for the Crocs from a very young age.

Yep wasn't disputing that he's one of ours, I just found it interesting that he played down to a Souths club while in our 20s system.

At least some people are willing to put player development over petty squabbles.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah agree and to an earlier point you made there is some sort of connection with wombats, not sure how formal that is.

There was also an arrangement with kinsgrove colts too where players not required for 20's would go but not sure where that's at.

I know paddo colts have designs on filling that role down the track, but with 20's as we know it finished after this year no idea where that leaves it.

kbw

Bench
Victor had to find a place to play, he did not want to go to Kingsgrove and Ares would be an absolute waste.
The Kingsgrove relationship has ended after last year. It was a hard thing for alot of people to get their head around, the big losses etc. But I got it and if it wasn't for getting experience in Ron Massey at Kingsgrove the Roosters U20s would not have won the GF in 2016.
It really developed and matured some of the young men. The few Roosters players that didn't get it and played at Kingsgrove will not kick on to anything.

H.H

Juniors
Speaking of our juniors, our Harold Matthews side (under 16's) beat Penrith on the weekend. Pretty sure we've never beaten them before in that age group.

Making it even more remarkable is that I think (and KBW can correct me if I'm wrong here) that at least half the squad need to be genuine local juniors at that level for us to be able to enter a team.

Great work from our youngsters.

H.H

Juniors
Updating the list to include Victor Radley who debuted on Friday. Also added in Shannon Donato who I've confirmed played for Paddo Colts. Junior clubs added as well.

Ryan Cross (Clovelly Crocodiles, St Charles)
Jim Dymock (Woolloomooloo Warriors, Paddington Colts)
Craig Field (Paddington Colts)
Anthony Cherrington (Paddington Tigers)
Tom Symonds (Bondi United)
Aaron Gray (Clovelly Crocodiles)
Ian Rubin (Bondi United)
Blake Ayshford (Paddington Tigers)
Luke Ricketson (Bondi United)
Bryan Fletcher (Paddington Colts)
SKD (Clovelly Crocodiles)
Sandor Earl (Paddington Tigers)
Taane Milne (Clovelly Crocodiles)
Scott Murray (Paddington Colts)
James Tamou (Paddington Tigers)
Shannon Donato (Paddington Colts)
Victor Radley (Clovelly Crocodiles)
Colin Ward (Nelson Hotel)

Last edited:

kbw

Bench
Well the new changes for the Roosters junior clubs were an outstanding success.

The inhouse Minis went very well from what I hear. The growth in numbers was unprecedented across NSW.
The Mods joining Balmain was just as good. The travel a little more but speaking to a couple of mates that are coaches, there were no feral supporters and the teams were welcomed with open arms by the Balmain clubs.

Looks like the right decisions were made. Especially considering Souths Juniors had a record number of code of conduct hearings this year

Reactions: OVP

adamkungl

Immortal
Well the new changes for the Roosters junior clubs were an outstanding success.

The inhouse Minis went very well from what I hear. The growth in numbers was unprecedented across NSW.
The Mods joining Balmain was just as good. The travel a little more but speaking to a couple of mates that are coaches, there were no feral supporters and the teams were welcomed with open arms by the Balmain clubs.

Looks like the right decisions were made. Especially considering Souths Juniors had a record number of code of conduct hearings this year

Can you elaborate on this? What were the changes?

kbw

Bench
Can you elaborate on this? What were the changes?

The minis (up to u8s) were run as an in-house comp. ie Only the 4 Roosters clubs.
The mods (U9s-U12s) played in the Balmain competition

Last year all teams up to and including U12s played in the Souths Juniors competition

adamkungl

Immortal
The minis (up to u8s) were run as an in-house comp. ie Only the 4 Roosters clubs.
The mods (U9s-U12s) played in the Balmain competition

Last year all teams up to and including U12s played in the Souths Juniors competition

Cool. 13s up and A's stayed with Souths or are they already intercity?

H.H

Juniors
Intercity.

Bondi United's A Reserve played in a combined A Grade comp with the Cronulla teams but weren't really up to it (think they should've been down a division). I've also heard they struggled to get a full side most weeks and alot of the team were deeply affected by the unexpected death of one of their team mates earlier in the year so didn't play.

But as KBW said, I heard the Minis were an outstanding success being run in house and as for the Mods, I heard a great story about a number of Balmain Junior officials thanking the Easts teams continuously for joining their comp.

All up, it'll be a much better place to play long term and Souffs Juniors will need to live with their decision as their demographics continue to be squeezed like our have been.

Overall each of the 4 clubs had a number of teams that made GF's (Clovelly had 6 of their 15 sides make it) so a great result and everyone is alot happier from what I have heard.