What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easts junior league clubs

rls2002

Juniors
Just to be CLear for the Confused People Out the Eastern Suburbs Junior League Clubs are:

PADDINGTON WOOLLAHRA TIGERS

CLOVELLY CROCODILES

ST CHARLES

AND

BONDI UNITED.

That is all the Junior Clubs that Easts Have. They play in the South Sydney Juniors District Comp as they don't have a strong Comp and needed to play somewhere...

rls2002

Juniors
your very welcome considering some ppl on here think that cause a club is in the Eastern Suburbs that makes it a an East Junior Club

Loudstrat

Coach
The things people worry about. Honestly, who f*cking cares????????????

South Sydney might be their next junior club when Politis finds some more cash.

rls2002

Juniors
The things people worry about. Honestly, who f*cking cares????????????

South Sydney might be their next junior club when Politis finds some more cash.

I'm not worried about it... I'm Just Right and actually have an idea of what im talking about and not going about things i know nothing about... Obviously you care cause u bothered to post a reply if you don't care don't reply

Loudstrat

Coach
You are right. I care. Deeply. I have had so many sleepless nights worrying about this. So has my cat.

newman

First Grade
Don't be surprised if the Rose Bay Rams are reborn in the next few years.

For realz? Good news. When did they go under?

I don't know where they are going to get the kids from. I coached with Bondi United last year and despite their monumental recruitment efforts they really struggle to attract kids. Compulsory rah rah at the local schools is the main killer. There are also no fields to play/train on.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
I don't know where they are going to get the kids from. I coached with Bondi United last year and despite their monumental recruitment efforts they really struggle to attract kids. Compulsory rah rah at the local schools is the main killer. There are also no fields to play/train on.

Gee, that sux Newman.

H.H

Juniors
For realz? Good news. When did they go under?

From what I know, Bondi United are running 16 teams this year which is a pretty good result I reckon. The biggest club in the combined comp is Mascot who have 22 teams.

So it sounds like the recruiting did a reasonable job...what were some of the things they did? Genuine question mate - the Easts juniors is something I'm quite passionate about having grown up in the area and playing in that comp when it was stand alone in the 80's.

KiamaSaint

Coach
So if the teams are located in the Eastern suburbs but form part of the Souths side of the combined comp, then Souths basically did steal them.

gUt

Coach
Just to be CLear for the Confused People Out the Eastern Suburbs Junior League Clubs are:

CLOVELLY CROCODILES

ST CHARLES

AND

BONDI UNITED.

That is all the Junior Clubs that Easts Have. They play in the South Sydney Juniors District Comp as they don't have a strong Comp and needed to play somewhere...

Those are in Qld.

Don't forget Souths home grounds:

HOMEBUSH

PERTH

GOSFORD

You're very welcome considering some ppl on here think that cause a club is called South Sydney that they play their home games at South Sydney

the bondi spy

Juniors

CLOVELLY CROCODILES

ST CHARLES

AND

BONDI UNITED.

You should slip into something more comfortable, a coma sounds good.

big hit!

Bench
Souths did a real number on Easts back in the fifties. Wasn't it SG Ball who was on the Souths and NSWRL board who practically re-drew the boundary lines back then?

A bit sketchy on the fine details off the top of my head, but I know for certain that Moore Park, Randwick & Coogee, etc were definitely in the Eastern Suburbs catchment for junior rugby league. Anything east of Anzac Parade down to Rainbow St was Easts. George set up Souths Juniors right on the junction of the junior catchments at Daceyville, and then went on to annex those suburbs north & east of it for Souths, because he could.

I'm a souths supporter by the way, but you won't get one-eyed clap trap from me. I'll always call it as I see it.

The greatest thing George did was set up Souths Juniors. With some more influence in the 80s, Souths then got to annex Newtown's juniors when they folded. All the way out to Marrickville & Tempe. It's a decent catchment for Souths in terms of density, although gentrification has done them no favours.

Latest posts