What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastwood signs three year deal (with option)

Eastwood to Dogs

Greg Prichard, Brad Walter and Glenn Jackson | March 13, 2009

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/el-masris-big-moment/2009/03/12/1236447398237.html

The Bulldogs are firming to become home for Greg Eastwood after the former Brisbane forward, bound for Leeds before a visa problem grounded him, met club officials last week. Eastwood had been favoured to sign with the New Zealand Warriors if his visa appeal was rejected. However, the Warriors said they wanted the Kiwi international on their books by the start of the season, which for them is tomorrow. With the clock ticking, Eastwood met Bulldogs officials last week and the club is believed to have turned their sights on the former Bronco rather than their original target, Michael Crocker, who is also awaiting the results of an appeal to play in the UK.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Definitely another face to bolster the forward pack.

8 Hannant
9 Ennis
10 Hodgson
11 Eastwood
12 Ryan
13 Stagg

:D Canterbury Bankstown Broncos lol

Gaba

First Grade
No real attack though, apart from ennis, no good in having an defensive pack when , the outside backs cant attack nor have the defensive ability

Last edited:

dogz08

First Grade
lol i think all our backline can attack, maybe not El Masri now, but everyone else can

Timmah

Staff member
No real attack though, apart from ennis, no good in having an defensive pack when , the outside backs cant attack nor have the defensive ability

Troll somewhere else thanks champ. Your rubbish is not necessary, funny or even close to accurate.

Daily Telegraph:

EXPECT the Bulldogs to cap an incident-free off-season with more good news early next week.

With plenty of room to manoeuvre under this year's salary cap, the Dogs have been chasing hard to sign stranded Kiwi utility Greg Eastwood to a three-year deal.

Eastwood's former Broncos teammates David Stagg, Mick Ennis and Ben Hannant have been recruited to convince him to join them at Belmore after being denied a UK work visa. The Bulldogs' interest in Eastwood makes South Sydney the overwhelming favourite to pick up another UK Border Agency reject in Michael Crocker.

MSIH

Bench
What's your obsession with signing overrated nuffy forwards like Stagg, Eastwood. Guess they're better than chumps like that dude who bites and the other fowards who I can't remember.

Timmah

Staff member
GREG EASTWOOD SIGNS 3 YEAR DEAL
18th Mar 2009 @ 9:09am Greg Eastwood has become the latest player to join the Bulldogs, today agreeing to a three year deal.

A crucial figure in the Kiwi’s World Cup success, the athletic forward came with strong recommendations from his former Broncos team mates who are now also at the Bulldogs.

Eastwood, who turned 22 earlier this week, will begin training with the Bulldogs immediately, with coach Kevin Moore saying he looks forward to him being a long term option for the Club.

“Greg is a class player, he’s only young and I think he has a big future with us,” Moore said. “He’ll bring an explosive attacking factor to our game which should complement the forward pack we currently have.

“We met with him last week and he looked in good condition so I expect that he won’t be too far off being available for selection.”

With visa restrictions preventing him from taking up a three year deal with the Leeds Rhinos Eastwood is glad to have his future secure and to return to a team environment after spending the past few months training by himself on the Gold Coast.

“The Bulldogs are a great option for me, I’m looking forward to joining the boys and getting stuck in,” Eastwood said.

“I’ve obviously got quite a few mates there already and they’ve been really positive about what the future holds.”

Final paperwork, release documentation and execution of contract will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Eastwood has appealed the decision to reject his visa application, if the appeal is successful he will have the option of taking up the deal with the Rhinos at the conclusion of the Bulldogs 2009 Premiership season.
http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=2088
MSIH said:
What's your obsession with signing overrated nuffy forwards like Stagg, Eastwood. Guess they're better than chumps like that dude who bites and the other fowards who I can't remember.

Too gutless to come back since MSIH? :lol: Our forwards OWNED you.

Timmah

Staff member
DKoR, this puts you in prime position to get Crocker. Would've taken him over Eastwood tbh...

Bulldog Force

Referee
Not too thrilled about it. As long as he plays well and doesn't not automatically walk into the team or become a passenger until his final year or contract renewal and stays out of trouble, I'd be alright with it.

Timmah

Staff member
Moore won't let him be a passenger, simple as that.

Dazzat

First Grade
If he can stay out of Maccas and KFC ... top buy. A great talent, but does have discipline problems.

Fair dinkum ... you have half the Broncos pack from last year.

Timmah

Staff member
8 Hannant
9 Ennis
(10 Hodgson)
11 Eastwood
(12 Ryan)
13 Stagg

:lol:

Latest posts