What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay

hindy111

Post Whore
Just have noticed the crazy prices tickets are selling for....
Also noticed now that unless you can pick up people wont be able to send in the post-A lot now have or best offer-Id suggest peoples offer should be price of ticket - What makes it worse are the guys who say i have plenty of other tickets on other auctions...In other words bought for the prime reason to sell......

ps- would it be worth it to tick these scalpers off to create an account and go thru and buy all the tickets:D

Kornstar

Coach
The worst part about it is that if Ticketek cancel these tickets for going above face value, the person who sold it gets the money and then the person who buys it loses out on both fronts....

JediMind

Juniors
So much for NRL doing something about the scalpers. Ebay shouldn't even be allowing the grand final tickets to be sold like they do for other big events

Fui!!!

Juniors
I got mine off ebay. 2 Cat D for $425. What option did I have?

They could solve this by selling them on Grand Final week. But no. If they get cancelled I'll be starting a riot.

sarahk

Juniors
OMG Fui that's so bad.

I sold both of mine today for $ 55 each and to think someone rorted you for that much. I can't believe they're allowed to do that.

fish eel

Immortal
The worst part about it is that if Ticketek cancel these tickets for going above face value, the person who sold it gets the money and then the person who buys it loses out on both fronts....

It's actually the NRL that do that (or I cant remember, they may ask ticketek to cancel it).

The NRL monitor eBay, if they identify a ticket, they'll cancel it. It's buyer beware. Simply, if you see a ticket on eBay that has the specific seat details, dont buy it because chances are the NRL has seen it's been cancelled.

The usual process after that is the NRL let eBay know (or they used to) and then eBay will cancel the auction as the person is now selling something that effectively does not exist. If it's not cancelled and someone is turned away at the gate, then you are relying on being able to get cash back through eBay's grievance procedures (dunno if that works or not)

So much for NRL doing something about the scalpers. Ebay shouldn't even be allowing the grand final tickets to be sold like they do for other big events

But there is no law against the resale of GF tickets in NSW, so eBay can do what they like. And, there will probably NEVER be a law against it until the NRL get their backyard in order in terms of the way they sell tickets. It's a joke, they flood the market early, and all that means is people snap up tickets just in case then 3 months later they dont want them. The reason the NRL do that is they are scared of say, a Warriors v Nth Qld GF and having a half full stadium.

Last edited:
Well if NRL are going to cancel them if there are sold at huge prices and ebay won't give their buyers any protection against it then ethier they should be letting them be sold on there or have a fixed price only.
There is no way i would buy off ebay.

fish eel

Immortal
Well if NRL are going to cancel them if there are sold at huge prices and ebay won't give their buyers any protection against it then ethier they should be letting them be sold on there or have a fixed price only.
There is no way i would buy off ebay.

Just playing devils advocate, because I know a bit about this:

eBay would argue they do provide protection.

They would argue if they are told a ticket is cancelled, they would remove the auction.

They would also argue that if a cancelled ticket was sold before they could remove it and the holder gets turned away - that the purchaser can seek recourse through their buyer protection plan and get their cash back. Whether this works or not, I dont know, I just know it is what eBay say.

They would also argue as they are not breaking the law, they are under no obligation NOT to sell tickets, and if the NRL are genuine about wanting to stop scalpers they should have tighter controls on how they sell the tickets and hold more back for the finals week.

Just playing devils advocate, because I know a bit about this:

eBay would argue they do provide protection.

They would argue if they are told a ticket is cancelled, they would remove the auction.

They would also argue that if a cancelled ticket was sold before they could remove it and the holder gets turned away - that the purchaser can seek recourse through their buyer protection plan and get their cash back. Whether this works or not, I dont know, I just know it is what eBay say.

They would also argue as they are not breaking the law, they are under no obligation NOT to sell tickets, and if the NRL are genuine about wanting to stop scalpers they should have tighter controls on how they sell the tickets and hold more back for the finals week.
buyer protection is a long drawn out process and if someone opens a account to sell a few tickets and then closes it the chances are you will never see the money and make a wasted trip to ANZ stadium.
Yes it is the NRL's fault not competely Ebays, and yes they should release more in GF week.
This year is a prime example, how many people here thought that we would make the finals let alone the GF. So how many would have bought in the 1st release of tickets thinking Parra would be in the GF? If you get at least one sydney team in the GF you would sell 30,000 tickets in the week leading up to it no problems.

Fui!!!

Juniors
The NRL could fix it.

Sunday 9am after GF qualifiers competing club members sale... 4 tickets max.
Monday 3pm Members end, myNRL and all other club members get till 9pm... 2 tickets max.
Tuesday 9am General public... 4 tickets max.

Saint_Nicko

Juniors
I'm trying to sell four tickets on there now at cost price and the listing is taking forever to show up ... meanwhile everyone else who is selling them at an inflated price already has people bidding on theres...

distortedchaos

Juniors
^^ Chuck them up as buy it now @ cost and they'll be snapped up in a second. I saw one pair before I got my tickets, they were literally listed for 10 minutes (and this was on sunday night) before they got snapped up.

Saint_Nicko

Juniors
Yeah i did that at 5pm today but it still hasn't shown up on ebay.
I've contacted them and they said it might take a while to show up. Which is great considering i only put them up for a day long auction.

Thanks for the help though.

distortedchaos

Juniors
Didn't help so nothing to thank lol :p

Seems kind of weird though, you'd think most auctions would of gone up before now, and there shouldn't be any real reason for the slowness.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Yeah i did that at 5pm today but it still hasn't shown up on ebay.
I've contacted them and they said it might take a while to show up. Which is great considering i only put them up for a day long auction.

Thanks for the help though.

Which section are they in?

distortedchaos

Juniors
Done! Sold! etc etc

Seriously would be a much better option than ebay, ebay is a pos (unless you're buying things that you can't get in oz, which I do a fair bit lol).

Latest posts