What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

edmondson to chooks!

viking warrior

Juniors
reports in england are linking mark edmondson of st helens with a move to the chooks, he is an excellent players with a good try scoring record and a terrific turn of pace for prop. all in all he will be a good addition to the squad!

the saint

Juniors
Just been confirmed by our CEO that Mark Edmondson will be playing for the Roosters next year

Edmondson is a prop come 2nd rower who gives 110% is very fast for a big lad deffo be missed next year

Sad to see him leave

supersaint

Juniors
You have got yourself a young player of fantastic potential and he can only improve in the NRL

I'm gutted he has gone I only hope we get first refusal when he wants to come home :cry:

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
Yes, he's been a good player for us, but he will get knocked down like a ten pin in the NRL, unless he adds some serious size in the off season. He's not that big compared to NRL props, second rows, etc...

Good player, will always run the ball in hard, but i am really suprised by this move to be honest.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Who knows what the Roosters have in mind for him. Prop? Second row? Utility forward from the bench but never a starter?

Either way I cannot see them having paid much for his services, so he may not even feature in the 1st grade.

My bet is that his agent sent the video of the Wigan game at the JJB where Edmonson was magnificent and offered them a very good price. For Edmo it could all be a paid year out in Aus, better pay than a typical travelling job certainly.

Gaz_E

Juniors
He'll be 26 by the time next season starts. He's a late comer to RL, he was playing RU for a nothing team a few years ago.

He's a player with a cracking turn of pace (quick as a good centre), and pretty powerful with it. He might need to bulk up a bit for the NRL. He certainly a better player then the likes of Mason and Sibbit that the Storm had a few years back.

I'd give him a fair chance, and with Morley there to support/guide him he could go well.

JasonE

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
He's 26, not THAT young.. I guess it is by Super League standards though :lol:

mmm, not so sure about that these days
Darren Smith, Craig Smith, Alfie Langer, Matt Johns, Andrew Gee,Jason Smith, Luke Davico, Danny Nutley, Tony Grimaldi, Brett Mullins & Matt Adamson etc might all suggest otherwise.