What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

taste2taste

Juniors
Not meaning to be overly disrespectful to either club, but am I the only one a tad disappointed that possibly the biggest ever TV audience for a Rugby League game, the showpiece game that we're using to market our game to the american sporting public in a massive way, is going to be played between the Warriors and freakin' Canberra?
I suspect the thinking behind it is that Canberra is Australia's capital city, thus more known than a suburb within Sydney. And New Zealand is an entire country, thus also more recognisable to the american audience.

I'd suggest a matchup of two ball-playing teams, relatively evenly matched, representing places the american people are likely to have heard of would be Sydney and Brisbane ... however they were in Vegas this year, so they're out.
Possibly a better match up for the prime time game would have been Panthers V Warriors. The Raiders don't have any players that can get the crowd to thier feet.

But as others have said, it doesn't matter who plays just so long as it's open, fast, and with a couple of big hits.

taste2taste

Juniors
Sounds a great way to pss away even more of the games money
I doubt the NRL would pay Snoop Dogg 500k a day as is rumoured he's been paid to be seen at the Olympics, but it can't be denied he's getting the games plenty of attention.

Instead of wasting money on sending players over in December or having billboards in Times Square, the NRL could spend that money where it would actually get the games some attention, having someone seen in the crowd with millions of followers like Lil Wayne, Drake, Kelce, Rogan, Paul, Bones Jones, Mayweather. would actually help the NRL reach that 1% its chasing.

Latest posts