What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels by 8 says Master Tipster

mickdo

Coach
http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/eels-by-eight-says-master-tipster/2009/09/29/1253989913323.html

A host of former players were on hand yesterday as Australia's leading betting agency, Sportsbet.com.au, held the presentation for their NRL Million Dollar Tipping Competition. Paul Langmack, Peter Tunks, Brad Clyde and Joel Caine were among past players present, along with the great Clive Churchill's son Rod.

The winner of the competition was 25-year-old Ryan Buckley from Keiraville, who pocketed $250,000. So who does the country's leading tipster pick for the grand final? ''I think the Eels want it a bit more,'' he said. ''I'm a Bulldogs supporter but the reason I got so far in this competition is because I tipped with my heart. Melbourne are very disciplined but I'm tipping the Eels by eight.'' Parramatta workhorse Nathan Hindmarsh is his tip for the Clive Churchill Medal.

parra pete

Referee
Id take eels by 1 any day.

No, not me. I hated the 1986 Grand Final won by the Eels 4-2. I was a gibbering idiot at the full time bell. One more play the ball and Canterbury score...
Hate close games, prefer to see a win by 12 or more....especially when you are my age....

parra pete

Referee
Id take eels by 1 any day.

No, not me. I hated the 1986 Grand Final won by the Eels 4-2. I was a gibbering idiot at the full time bell. One more play the ball and Canterbury score...
Hate close games, prefer to see a win by 12 or more....especially when you are my age....

Had a Storm bloke putting sh*t on me this week
Storm people are always looking to 'rain on someone's parade'.

To that I say........ Fui Fui
I couldn't Cay Less
We are coming to get you, No Hayne No Pain, We are a Grothe Club and Inu we were Reddy to Rob son one of a Grand Final spot. We never stooped so Low ry before, but as Keating said "It was the Grand Final spot we had to have".
Listen Mate o, in I got caught in the Hind marsh, and it took me my Mannah's to get my Kingston biscuits, Mortimer, Less Hayne, Gaulavo now, see ya.

Was it 86 that Bert was denied a try climbing and diving over the ruck, which had Video Replays been about, would have been given?

parra pete

Referee
Was it 86 that Bert was denied a try climbing and diving over the ruck, which had Video Replays been about, would have been given?

Actually, he had two disallowed in that match.
I sat with Brett at SOO in Brisbane in 2008, and asked him about those tries. He said the first one would have been allowed, but had doubts on the second (i.e the one you refer to) -( or was it vice versa?)

I think I've lost my video copy - I was 12 at the time, and more remeber the good times of the family GF BBQ than the intricates of the game itself.

I only recall the one being disallowed (hazy memory), and that was the one where he pretty much jumped over the ruck past the tryline, and from all replays, it looked like a try.

Was at Parra Footy Heaven on Monday and saw the Mighty Eels DVDs, and "Vol 3" (the eighties) were all sold out.

Will try ordering it when the shop is quieter ;-)

Bigfella

Coach

Gee that full time bell has been going for a while Pete.

I agree though, how my nerves will hold out through a one pointer I don't know...

yy_cheng

Coach

Had a Storm bloke putting sh*t on me this week
Storm people are always looking to 'rain on someone's parade'.

I couldn't Cay Less
We are coming to get you, No Hayne No Pain, We are a Grothe Club and Inu we were Reddy to Rob son one of a Grand Final spot. We never stooped so Low ry before, but as Keating said "It was the Grand Final spot we had to have".
Listen Mate o, in I got caught in the Hind marsh, and it took me my Mannah's to get my Kingston biscuits, Mortimer, Less Hayne, Gaulavo now, see ya.

You should just Hug Him and say I know, I know.

Fathead

Bench
Eels by plenty - my poor heart just couldnt take a close game.. heart attack for sure.
i want us up by 30 with 5 mins togo.. then I can relax !!!!!!!!!

I think I've lost my video copy - I was 12 at the time, and more remeber the good times of the family GF BBQ than the intricates of the game itself.

I only recall the one being disallowed (hazy memory), and that was the one where he pretty much jumped over the ruck past the tryline, and from all replays, it looked like a try.

Was at Parra Footy Heaven on Monday and saw the Mighty Eels DVDs, and "Vol 3" (the eighties) were all sold out.

Will try ordering it when the shop is quieter ;-)
does peter wynn's have the mighty eels dvds? might be worth asking

I couldn't Cay Less
such a shame that won't fit on a banner :D