What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels game

Dragon David

First Grade
It changed with the call of no try after the strip. then this penalty and a 6 again turned the game from 26-10 to us and lead to the Parra come back.
Yep it changed completely when Hunt was ruled off side. They get the penalty, score and then get back down to our line, 6 again, score. Our mistakes has handed the Eels the win. Nothing goes our way.

I know that it is up to the players but once the momentum changes, so does the luck and boy in our games we need it. I've said in another thread that all we need are a few better players, not that many more just a few. Some with speed, strength and endurance please and we can win some of these games.

I just despise the referees so much.

We deserved better.

The refereeing was abysmal.

Gutherson clearly stripped Liddle of the ball, Amone scores.

Molo HIA at the beginning of the game was also critical.

Bird should not play another NRL game. Has no place in the 17.

Michael Molo play the ball error and Hunt failing to kick on the last tackle gave Parra the field position to win the game.

Hunt is not a top class 7.

when Liddle first came to STGI,I was worried he was made of glass. He has been durable and one of the few bright spots of 2023.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
What can be said that hasn't already been said ....
we are certainly showing more grit than earlier in the season under Carr but just lacking talent as a team and dare I say motivation at crutial times... I thought Hunt was lackluster and too nonchalant and deserves a severe beating for schoolboy errors at critical times.
At 20 vs 10 with 30mins to go, I actually began to think we might actually win but I quickly regained sanity and realised 30mins was plenty of time to find a way to lose.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
That’s a shame the gutho strip was a 50/50 call which went against us. If it was a regular hit up I think they call it straight away. Liddle should have held onto it. It is what it is. Being at the bottom certainly doesn’t help with calls like that.
Just hold the f**king ball in two hand if you have to and barge over. It’s not rocket surgery ffs. These merkins do it to themselves week in and week out

jeffdragon

Bench
Players have a hand on the ball it should of been play on.
Moses took a dive gets rewarded..
That's fcked.
Can't fault effort but I just knew somehow we'd lose it.
It's become the norm.
Thought Bird,Blocker and Couchmsn were good.
Musgrove ads size but told to leave.
Would of been great to end their season but the way the Eels played they won't go far.

redVbull

Juniors
No he didn’t. Quit blaming the refs for the dragons not being good enough
Dragons aren't without blame for the loss today but it is beyond a joke we see more dodgy calls against us in winning positions than the big cheese NRL clubs ever contend with. The strip occurred in the field of play its a try every other day and there wouldn't be a bunker ref around who'd make a call like that against the Storm.