What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Holden Cup Team and junior reps thread, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mate, I'll probably end up going but right now I just couldn't give a stuff... I'll send you a PM if I go!

magpie4ever

First Grade
I'd normally be pretty pumped about seeing our devolpment squad... Right now I couldn't be f**ked.

Mate, I know how you feel having watched the "financial, leading to player talent" destruction of my club in the late 90s due to and in the aftermarth of the superleague war.

At lest you still have a club, I only have 1/2 of one.:(

bartman

Immortal
:lol::lol:

Would LMAO. Ignores him over a beer.

:lol: How could you ignore someone over a beer...

We had a great time catching up in person :sarcasm::
tac-levels.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So while looking up Brenden Santi a couple of weeks ago I found the Bulldogs' 2010 NYC squad, of which Santi was a member.

That team ran third and lost to eventual premiers New Zealand in the preliminary final.

Of that squad, six merkins have gone on to play NRL footy:

Dale Finucane
Josh Jackson
Sam Kasiano
Nathan Massey
Aidan Sezer
Martin Taupau

Of these six, all of them bar Kasiano and Taupau turned 19 that year. The latter two turned 20.

Massey and Taupau made their NRL debuts in the year they turned 20; the others all debuted in the year they turned 21. Interestingly, the two who made their NRL debuts the youngest are the two who aren't regular NRL players.

Nathan Massey played six games for Canberra in 2011, but his backup contract expires at the end of this year and he is without a club for 2014. The rest are all contracted for next year (Sezer at the Titans, Taupau at the Tigers and the other three still at the Bulldogs).

bartman

Immortal
Glad u enjoyed yourselves.

Who is who.
I'm the one who looks like I've just realised I'm stuck drinking next to someone who has narcissistic personality disorder.

And Pou's the one who looks like someone with narcissistic personality disorder that has just realised that not everyone believes he's anywhere near as smart as he does.

Chipmunk

Coach
So while looking up Brenden Santi a couple of weeks ago I found the Bulldogs' 2010 NYC squad, of which Santi was a member.

That team ran third and lost to eventual premiers New Zealand in the preliminary final.

Of that squad, six merkins have gone on to play NRL footy:

Dale Finucane
Josh Jackson
Sam Kasiano
Nathan Massey
Aidan Sezer
Martin Taupau

Of these six, all of them bar Kasiano and Taupau turned 19 that year. The latter two turned 20.

Massey and Taupau made their NRL debuts in the year they turned 20; the others all debuted in the year they turned 21. Interestingly, the two who made their NRL debuts the youngest are the two who aren't regular NRL players.

Nathan Massey played six games for Canberra in 2011, but his backup contract expires at the end of this year and he is without a club for 2014. The rest are all contracted for next year (Sezer at the Titans, Taupau at the Tigers and the other three still at the Bulldogs).

So you looked it up a couple of weeks ago, but you're just posting it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.