What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Just to tidy up the above post. The twitter poster seems to be a freelance Journo.

Chipmunk

Coach
Interpretation: You’re a f**king liar, @Obscene Assassin

No, not at all. I'm happy to accept the information of others if they're better informed.

I obviously don't go back and bother reading countless messages that I have missed that happened days or even weeks ago and wanted to work out how someone who is ear-marked as a half is currently making team lists in the centres.

Noise

Coach
No, not at all. I'm happy to accept the information of others if they're better informed.

I obviously don't go back and bother reading countless messages that I have missed that happened days or even weeks ago and wanted to work out how someone who is ear-marked as a half is currently making team lists in the centres.

Don’t think he was really ear marked as a half due to his lack of play making and kicking game. Just filled in there last year.

Chipmunk

Coach
Don’t think he was really ear marked as a half due to his lack of play making and kicking game. Just filled in there last year.

Well his profile on the clubs website lists him as a five-eighth. I note that they have Takairangi as a 2nd Row.

Noise

Coach
Well his profile on the clubs website lists him as a five-eighth. I note that they have Takairangi as a 2nd Row.

I wouldn’t take much notice of the info on the site. The guys that do the website don’t even have accurate heights and weights of the players.

Chipmunk

Coach
I wouldn’t take much notice of the info on the site. The guys that do the website don’t even have accurate heights and weights of the players.

Given there is only one centre in the entire squad listed I guess they will have to find another one in any case.

Gronk

Staff member
From some merkin st ESPN

Parramatta Eels

Best 17
1. Bevan French, 2. Blake Ferguson, 3. Brad Takairangi, 4. Michael Jennings, 5. Josh Hoffman, 6. Clint Gutherson, 7. Mitch Moses, 8. Daniel Alvaro, 9. Reed Mahoney, 10. Junior Paulo, 11. Shaun Lane, 12. Manu Ma'u, 13. Nathan Brown, Bench: 14. Will Smith, 15. Tepai Moeroa, 16. Marata Niukore, 17. Tim Mannah

Trials
5:30pm Friday February 15 vs. Raiders - St Marys Leagues Stadium
7pm, Saturday March 2 vs. Panthers - Panthers Stadium

The start
The wooden-spoon holding Eels start the season with two big rivalry games against the Panthers and Bulldogs. With Corey Norman gone, they have a big decision to make in the halves in finding a partner for Mitchell Moses. If they struggle in their first two games, they could be in trouble as they face the Roosters and Sharks next up. It could be another long year for Eels fans after this tough start to the season. Prediction: Win 1/5

First five games
Panthers - Panthers Stadium - 4:05pm, Sunday March 17
Bulldogs - ANZ Stadium - 4:05pm, Sunday March 24
Roosters - ANZ Stadium - 7:55pm, Friday March 29
Sharks - ANZ Stadium - 7:35pm, Saturday April 6
Raiders - GIO Stadium - 6:10pm, Sunday April 14

http://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/...nthers-rabbitohs-clubs-best-teams-starts-face

Gronk

Staff member
From the mad merkins at Betoota Advocate.

“Curse Of Drake” Confirmed After Canadian Rapper Is Spotted Wearing Parramatta Eels Hoodie

upload_2019-1-22_6-52-43.jpeg

A long held theory in the sports world has been confirmed today.

The theory, scientifically dubbed the ‘Drake Curse,’ is that whoever the Canadian Rapper publicly supports is cursed with failure in the sporting arena.

Similar to the Kardashian Curse in sporting terms, Drake has been held responsible for the failures of sporting teams like Kentucky Basketball, The Toronto Raptors, Alabama Crimson Tide and Conor McGregor.

Following lengthy periods of speculation, the wildly believed theory was affirmed today when Drake was photographed wearing a Parramatta Eels hoodie in public.

“Yep, any doubt whatsoever has been erased now,” explained one sports historian called Gideon Gilbert.

“The theory was wildly believed after Drake was spotted in a Wallabies jersey during his tour out here.”

“And now that he has been spotted in the merchandise of an even shitter team than the Wallabies it has been confirmed.”

Gilbert explained that we should all spare a thought for the fans of the Western Sydney franchise.

“This incredibly lean run that Parramatta is on is only going to continue I’m afraid.”

“Now that Drake’s been spotted in a Parra Hoodie, the team’s got as good a chance of winning something as they do of the Hayne Plane taking off again.”

“If you are a Parramatta fan I would warn you to stay off social media for the next decade or so.”

“It’s not going to be pretty.”

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/unc...er-is-spotted-wearing-parramatta-eels-hoodie/

hineyrulz

Post Whore
From some merkin st ESPN

Parramatta Eels

Best 17
1. Bevan French, 2. Blake Ferguson, 3. Brad Takairangi, 4. Michael Jennings, 5. Josh Hoffman, 6. Clint Gutherson, 7. Mitch Moses, 8. Daniel Alvaro, 9. Reed Mahoney, 10. Junior Paulo, 11. Shaun Lane, 12. Manu Ma'u, 13. Nathan Brown, Bench: 14. Will Smith, 15. Tepai Moeroa, 16. Marata Niukore, 17. Tim Mannah

Trials
5:30pm Friday February 15 vs. Raiders - St Marys Leagues Stadium
7pm, Saturday March 2 vs. Panthers - Panthers Stadium

The start
The wooden-spoon holding Eels start the season with two big rivalry games against the Panthers and Bulldogs. With Corey Norman gone, they have a big decision to make in the halves in finding a partner for Mitchell Moses. If they struggle in their first two games, they could be in trouble as they face the Roosters and Sharks next up. It could be another long year for Eels fans after this tough start to the season. Prediction: Win 1/5

First five games
Panthers - Panthers Stadium - 4:05pm, Sunday March 17
Bulldogs - ANZ Stadium - 4:05pm, Sunday March 24
Roosters - ANZ Stadium - 7:55pm, Friday March 29
Sharks - ANZ Stadium - 7:35pm, Saturday April 6
Raiders - GIO Stadium - 6:10pm, Sunday April 14

http://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/...nthers-rabbitohs-clubs-best-teams-starts-face
That dude needs to stick to the basketball or the NFL.