What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Price, like Kenny and Sterling, is zero chance. But Price most definitely should be in the conversation. If Johnny Raper is in there, Price should be, the Dragons Premiership run notwithstanding....
If there is ever a list of immortal bus drivers we will make that one.

emjaycee

Coach
Putting aside the Immortals which turned into a farce once Meninga was appointed, how many players have we produced that are in the NRL Hall of Fame since our golden era from the 80's?

Answer: Zero.

Eligibility Criteria
  • Individual must have competed in the elite premiership rugby league competition in Australia.
  • Individual must have played the majority of their elite rugby league career in Australia.
  • Individual must be retired five (5) years from competing in a professional sporting competition.

Who would even be seriously considered? Nathan Hindmarsh?
The 90's were definitely slim pickings for quality Eels players, however given that you asked how many we PRODUCED, I would add Andrew Ryan and Jamie Lyon to the list of those that should be seriously considered for Hall of Fame.

Gronk

Staff member
The 90's were definitely slim pickings for quality Eels players, however given that you asked how many we PRODUCED, I would add Andrew Ryan and Jamie Lyon to the list of those that should be seriously considered for Hall of Fame.
Considering our successful alliance with the NT Government, perhaps it would be appropriate to create a new award called the See You in the Northern Territory Award and Jamie Lyon can be the first inductee ? Brett Finch is pending.

emjaycee

Coach
Considering our successful alliance with the NT Government, perhaps it would be appropriate to create a new award just for Jamie Lyon called the See You in the Northern Territory Award.
I am confused, Lyon never played in Darwin for us.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Andrew Ryan wasn’t fit to tie up Hindy’s bootlaces.

Merkin couldn’t even put a ball down with cost us the 2001 GF.

84 Baby

Referee
Sure am mate... I am having a shite day and needed some light relief.
We have literally had no one except Lyon, Hayne and Hindmarsh that would come close to Hall of Fame level in 30+ years which is really sad and shows how low our stocks fell after the glory days.
Not even noted Parra juniors Paul Gallen, Luke Keary or Ryan Papenhuyzen?