What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Melbun is a great place if you like licking windows and love to watch grown men fumble balls while inbred bogans scream out bawwwwlllll!!!!

The food is decent at least down there that’s about it.

pretty decent surf too, if it wasn't for that I would have never stayed

The problem is your wetsuit has to be heavy duty, the water is f**king cold down there

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
dont you mean a small sample size is OK when it suits your argument ?
My argument is that NRL staff/players established in a city will be more likely to want to stay there. Bellamy and Slater are two high profile examples. It’s not a stretch to think they accepted lower offers to stay than offers that would have required them to move to another city.

Your argument was that Melbourne is a shithole where nobody wants to live. If you’re demanding data to support that, Melbourne is currently Australia’s second biggest city, and is growing faster than Sydney.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thanks for Pou-splaining other people's "arguments" for us... no wonder you are regularly cited as a troll.
I'm not the only one that has a problem with Twizzle projecting his opinion of Melbourne onto others. Plenty of people who live in Melbourne grow to love it, and that includes enough NRL staff and players for it to be retention (not recruitment) advantage. Speaking of projection, here's you again singling me out. Next you'll complain it's all about Pou again.

Speaking of projection, here's you again singling me out.
Speaking of paranoia - I was simply replying to your post. Using your logic, every time you reply to someone's post, you're singling them out?
Next you'll complain it's all about Pou again.
Complain? Lol, why would I "complain" about the forum's "special friend" who makes such a goose of themself on a daily basis it brings mirth to dozens...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Speaking of paranoia - I was simply replying to your post. Using your logic, every time you reply to someone's post, you're singling them out?
Because others had a problem with Twizzle's argument but you only replied to mine.
Complain? Lol, why would I "complain" about the forum's "special friend" who makes such a goose of themself on a daily basis it brings mirth to dozens...
You complained because everyone called you out as a stalker.

King-Gutho94

Coach
29 degrees on the GC today
28 degrees in Sydney today
18 degrees in Melbourne today.

Sums up the East Coast of Australia and Melbourne is the shithole of it

Gronk

Staff member
29 degrees on the GC today
28 degrees in Sydney today
18 degrees in Melbourne today.

Sums up the East Coast of Australia and Melbourne is the shithole of it
I’m feeling this methodology won’t stand up long term. A single use approach. It’s the paper nakpin of city rivalry sledges.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
a lot of days in winter Melbun can only manage single figures, f**k me they were horrible times

you have to wear about 4 layers of clothes because it wasn't just the temperature, the f**king wind off the ocean would go through you

the surf coast on the Great Ocean Road is a brilliant place though scattered with its small villages and surf breaks which is why I originally visited the place

I could only stomach so much of Melbun and the shitty weather down there