What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stay strong brothers and sisters...

Let's not let the bastards drag us down..

Forever blue and gold

emjaycee

Coach
I just heard that the NRL included all TPA's into our cap for this year.

Waiting to hear whether this is also some from 2014 and whether it is just the questionable ones (i.e scorecube, fa'aoso's rental house, Jarryd's ambassadorial payment, etc) or ALL TPA's we currently have registered.

Delboy

First Grade
Given the propensity for new Parra boards to sack coaches you'd have to think he's days unfortunately could be numbered, which is extremely disappointing.

DA being banned is ironic given how this all came about.

Dopey comment, no one would sack BA! I have known him for 30 years and would be VERY surprised if he did anything but build th club from here, as he has done earlier, if anything, it may give someone like him more control

eels_fan

First Grade
Andy Raymond just tweeted

I'd reckon the 2 underachieving snitches that have systematically leaked this info AND are taking joy in it will be exposed real soon! #eels

Delboy

First Grade
So can we now assume that the auditors will examine all clubs in the same way, or will it take a disaffected former employee to open the cans of worms at all clubs.

IFR33K

Coach
Watmough retire

case closed

Watmough has all but retired. He's waiting for his insurance to be approved. Surely the NRL is aware of this????? If it get approved in the coming weeks, surely this will be sufficient grounds to appeal on???????

Chipmunk

Coach
Nobody who is a fan of the Parramatta Eels can feel anything other than gutted at what has happened today and over the past few weeks.

As you say, Fitz is probably chuffed at the outcome, Sharp and Co to stand aside... The r@ping of the team's on field achievements in 2016 so far considered collateral damage by him no doubt. Therefore, he is not an Eels man. He's a Fitz man and that's where it ends.

If he proposes to nominate and return to a position of influence, he should be made to stand outside the leagues club first and look all those members in the eye, 1 by 1, and let them say to his face what they think of him. Those who can see past his BS would no doubt have a hard time not spitting in his face.

Stand aside from what? The Parramatta NRL Team?? The NRL has no jurisdiction over the Parramatta Leagues Club board. If the Parramatta Leagues Club board could have no say in the Parramatta NRL Team, why would they bother continuing to fund the football team?

Surely they will just have puppets on the board?

The bigger issue is probably the CEO and the Football Manager.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
So we are 500k over the cap, and docked 12 points????? Didn't warriors lose 4 points for being 1 mill over????????? Am I mistaken??????

What exactly did the NRL look at during their first investigation?

This clearly down to new information received about the nature of some of our TPAs. Based on what they knew last year, the TPAs were ok and were outside the cap. They now seem to have new information we suggests that the TPAs weren't at arms length, and so they are going to count towards our cap expenditure.

This is the sort of thing that you are much more likely to find if tipped off by someone inside (or formerly inside).

Noise

Coach
So are the NRL saying that we lose 12 points no matter what but we can start earning points (starting form zero) once we get under the cap? Why would we bother, 12 points wipes our season anyway

Chipmunk

Coach
Dopey comment, no one would sack BA! I have known him for 30 years and would be VERY surprised if he did anything but build th club from here, as he has done earlier, if anything, it may give someone like him more control

Well that would be great, but who knows what a new board would do. Hopefully not much.

So can we now assume that the auditors will examine all clubs in the same way, or will it take a disaffected former employee to open the cans of worms at all clubs.

Well, without that whistleblower, it's a much tougher job finding evidence of what has been withheld from you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts