What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Snare Humble !

mickdo

Coach
Good work FO. Sounds like we will only have him for the 2 years, but with Robson on the way out that is an important signing.

benoir91

Juniors
We still need an experienced back up half

Seriously guys Mortimer Humble and Keatingare too inexperienced for immediate success

Although I am happy with the signing

Talanexor

Juniors
Good work guys, I'm spewing that we didn't sign him.

We've got precisely ONE fullback at the club, and he will be spending the next 10 months recovering from his second knee operation in as many years.

I wonder what our recruiters were thinking? Signing absolute trash like Hegarty for backline depth when there's a boom youngster at our doorstep?

I hope we get him back in a couple of years. Hopefully he gets homesick in the meantime. You guys have more than enough talent in the backline as it is.

Can you imagine how hard it is to win games with THIS backline?

1. Ty Williams
2. Michael Bani
3. Ashley Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. Shannon Hegarty

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Ashbags can play fullback... And Willie is hitting some great form again.. but yea............sorry for stealing your player!! :lol:

caylo

Bench
Good work guys, I'm spewing that we didn't sign him.

We've got precisely ONE fullback at the club, and he will be spending the next 10 months recovering from his second knee operation in as many years.

I wonder what our recruiters were thinking? Signing absolute trash like Hegarty for backline depth when there's a boom youngster at our doorstep?

I hope we get him back in a couple of years. Hopefully he gets homesick in the meantime. You guys have more than enough talent in the backline as it is.

Can you imagine how hard it is to win games with THIS backline?

1. Ty Williams
2. Michael Bani
3. Ashley Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. Shannon Hegarty

What happend to J.Williams and why you guys let Farrah go for Bani I will never know.

ROGUE

Juniors
has he passed the para bi-polar exam

JK that is a corker.:lol: But on a serious note why are some people saying he's a back up half, i would of thought it's not a foregone conclusion that that morts and kk own the half and 5/8 posi just yet

PB

Bench
I have seen Tommy Humble play about 15 times this season (some on TV but mostly live) as he has been playing for the Northern Pride in the QLD Cup. Let me tell you folks we have a good one here. In a team that finished the minor premiership in 2nd
place in a comp that is significantly better than the NSW Premier League, Humble stands out head and shoulders as one of the best players on the field each and every week. His assets are without doubt his ridiculous explosive speed, great in and away, throws a pretty good long ball and despite being a 20 year old 5/8, is not afraid to line up a big shot on a forward opponent.
Under coach Andrew Dunneman, the Pride are told to play what is infront of them, so Humble’s attacking off-the-cuff nature has flourished well. He is the leading tryscorer in the comp and can kick goals from anywhere. I love Keating – but Humble is about a 10-15% better player than Keating now, and he hasn’t played NRL (he was in the Cowboys 2008 Toyota Cup side)
How will he fit in? Well he plays 6 outside Chris Sheppard each week for the Pride and he certainly needs an organiser around him as he just plays what he sees. A week or two back he went back to fullback midway through a game and his first kick return was 70m plus. I could see him and Mortimer playing pretty well together with Mortimer as a 7. That could be a serious halves pairing to develop for the future (although we have been there before!!).
Check out the link it is just a WIN news story of a Pride game – but this particular game was one where he scored four tries showing off his speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9gZUH-ZKRQ&feature=related
You can Youtube Northern Pride and you can look at news stories from the Pride all year and almost every week there will be a Humble try or try assist on display.
I know on this board it is common place for people to talk up juniors or ressie players who are not ready for NRL football (it is part of the reason I lost interest), but this kid is the goods and I am stoked the Eels have signed him. I hav been saying all year that he will be playing NRL next year, I can't believe the Cowboys who need a 6 have let him slip through their grasp and it is great that we have picked him up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9gZUH-ZKRQ&feature=related

pedge

Juniors
a few things with this signing -
backup for the 5/8th position
backup for hayne during origin, burt has been killing it on the wing
IF the unthinkable happens at hayne left, a ready made replacement with age on his side

just one thing came to my mind - could also be a backup for the club in case we cannot keep morts or he decides to leave for those rechid dogs!

Latest posts