What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels' Tautai hid DUI arrest from club

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Low Range PCA = Crime

Low Range Speeding Offences and Parking Tickets = Infringements

I'm an Eels fan, but I say Tautai deserves a fine from the club and at least two weeks on the sideline ... in addition to any punishment dished by the court.

He's young and the crime was relatively minor, but it was still a crime and should be reported to the club, especially in the currently environment. This allows the club to employ some issue and media management. It's a bigger issue now than it ever should have been because Tautai didn't report it.

It's stupid but, as I said, he's young so the action should be corrective so that he (or other youngsters in the club) do not repeat the error.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
low range pca = crime

low range speeding offences and parking tickets = infringements

i'm an eels fan, but i say tautai deserves a fine from the club and at least two weeks on the sideline ... In addition to any punishment dished by the court.

He's young and the crime was relatively minor, but it was still a crime and should be reported to the club, especially in the currently environment. This allows the club to employ some issue and media management. It's a bigger issue now than it ever should have been because tautai didn't report it.

It's stupid but, as i said, he's young so the action should be corrective so that he (or other youngsters in the club) do not repeat the error.
100%

El Diablo

Post Whore
i wonder who will cop a bigger fine and suspension from their workplace. TT or this wanker

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/828004/nsw-constable-charged-with-drink-driving

NSW constable charged with drink driving
16:47 AEST Sat Jun 20 2009

An off-duty NSW policeman has been arrested and charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol.

The senior constable, who is attached to Sydney South West Metropolitan Region, was stopped for a mobile breath test in Macarthur Road, Elderslie, at about 1.50am (AEST) on Saturday.

He returned a positive reading of 0.114, police said.

He was arrested and taken to Camden Police Station.

The officer's licence was suspended and he was ordered to appear in Camden Local Court on July 15.

ibeme

First Grade
ffs why do people drink and drive. i love a drink but i have never and will never drink and drive.

its not that hard u know?

if u wanna drink....catch a taxi home.

if u want to drive....have one drink or none at all.

ITS NOT THAT COMPLICATED. jesus.

That's the thing about drinking. It impairs your judgement, not only to drive, but also to make the decision to drive.

It's like when people get far more drunk than what they would normally like to. People ask why people get so drunk. It's because after a few drinks, a drunk person is making the decisions as to whether to have another one or not.

Fortunately, most of us manage to avoid drink driving one way or another.

In this case though, I just think he felt that he was not over the limit. He was nearly right.

simmo1

First Grade
ffs why do people drink and drive. i love a drink but i have never and will never drink and drive.

its not that hard u know?

if u wanna drink....catch a taxi home.

if u want to drive....have one drink or none at all.

ITS NOT THAT COMPLICATED. jesus.

Because my mates all think I'm a hard merkin if I drive home after 10 beers.

Kiki

First Grade
Hah exactly simmo.

That's bullsh*t ibeme. It doesn't require a whole lot brain power to realise drinking = no driving. No excuses.

ibeme

First Grade
Hah exactly simmo.

That's bullsh*t ibeme. It doesn't require a whole lot brain power to realise drinking = no driving. No excuses.

That kind of bravado went out in the 80's. Nobody cheers on drink drivers anymore. I wasn't excusing anything.

Do you honestly think people who drink drive go and brag about it later, or do you think they feel ashamed and try to keep it under wraps because they realise in the cold light of day that they were an idiot for driving?

How many people have bragged to you about it? I bet you know a number of people who have done it, but you're unaware of it because they don't want anybody to know.

As I said, people make stupid decisions when they drink. Making the decision to drive is one of them.

Kiki

First Grade
Yes ppl make mistakes. I'm not saying he's evil or anything. It is just such an EASY thing to avoid. Call a cab for chrissake, it's not rocket science.

Latest posts