What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Team V. Cowboys

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pirtek Parramatta Eels answer Call to Arms

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels will wear yellow armbands and yellow shoelaces for their Round 18 clash against the North Queensland Cowboys at Parramatta Stadium on Monday, kicking off at 7.00pm.

The Eels are taking part in the Cancer Council’s Call to Arms against men’s cancer. Eels and Cowboys fans alike will be encouraged to help raise funds on the day through various activities including making gold coin donations, purchasing a try card, or purchasing yellow armbands and shoelaces as worn by the Eels players.

Fans can also donate online via links on the Parramatta Eels website www.parraeels.com.au. All funds raised on the day will go towards Cancer Council's men's cancer research, prevention, information and support services like the Cancer Council Helpline (13 11 20).

Prop Tim Mannah will return from State of Origin duty to lead the Call to Arms after his brother Jon recently battled cancer.

Parramatta also welcomes back Jarryd Hayne from Origin and Ben Smith and Justin Poore from injury. Coach Daniel Anderson says their return is necessary at this time of year.

“We’re not panicking at this point but also realise our performances now need to equal results,” Anderson says.

Parramatta Eels feeder team Wentworthville will play as the curtain raiser to the Monday night NRL match for the first time this season, while Toyota Cup will play the Cowboys on Sunday at Ringrose Park.

Pirtek Parramatta Eels v Cowboys, Monday July 12, Parramatta Stadium, 7.00pm

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Joel Reddy
4. Jonathon Wright
5. Krisnan Inu
6. Jeff Robson
7. Daniel Mortimer
8. Nathan Cayless (C)
9. Matthew Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12. Ben Smith
13. Feleti Mateo

INTERCHANGE
14. Kris Keating
15. Tim Mannah
16. Justin Horo
17. Justin Poore

Coach: Daniel Anderson

Toyota Cup v Cowboys, Sunday July 11, Ringrose Park, 4:45pm

1. TK Amosa
2. Ken Sio
3. Ryan Morgan
4. Jacob Loko
5. Daniel Tupou
6. Cameron Picker
7. Daniel Cross
8. PJ Asiata
9. Dean Blackman
10. Peni Terepo
11. Patrick O’Hanlon
12. Fred Lang Siu
13. Rory Brien

INTERCHANGE
14. Tim Crellin
15. Boyd Brown
16. Krys Freeman
18. Thomas Young

Coach: Matt Cameron

NSWRL Cup v Balmain-Ryde, Parramatta Stadium, Monday July 12, 4:45pm

1. Domenic Nasso
2. Henry Raiwalui
3. Etu Uaisele
4. Mark Hendy
5. Greyson Goodwin
6. Mark O’Grady
7. Trent Rose
8. Mitchell Allgood
9. Anthony Mitchell
10. Pele Peletelese
11. Lee Te Maari
12. Taniela Lasalo
13. Tim Robinson

INTERCHANGE
14. James Boustani
15. Nathan Armit
16. Danny Howard
17. Mitch Stanfield
20. Peter Prime

Coach: Matt Cameron

SOURCE: EELS MEDIA RELEASE

natheel

Coach
whats with robson being named at 6?

Was humble injured??? hes no where to be seen :S

fish eel

Immortal
they wont run out that way imo

I hope not.....if Morts runs out in the 7 Avenger will blow a gasket.

If Morts was to start off the bench, it would be announced 1 hour prior to kick off IMO to stop all the publicity about him being dropped

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we dont really have any other options

no one from TYC or Wenty are putting pressure on Morts

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we dont really have any other options

no one from TYC or Wenty are putting pressure on Morts

natheel

Coach
twizz any word on why humble wasnt named at all in any of the sides? u rekon he may be a late inclusion in the halves?

imo he and morts should be the halvbes with robbo at 9 still when it was like that against manly (be it one game) that was our best game of the season

why persist with kk if hes not gunna be there next year? he hasnt done anything to really say he SHOULD be there but then again neither has his bro or morts....

True EEL

Bench
twizz any word on why humble wasnt named at all in any of the sides? u rekon he may be a late inclusion in the halves?

imo he and morts should be the halvbes with robbo at 9 still when it was like that against manly (be it one game) that was our best game of the season

why persist with kk if hes not gunna be there next year? he hasnt done anything to really say he SHOULD be there but then again neither has his bro or morts....

i sure am hoping so......he certainly doesn't deserve to be brushed aside, could easily play in the centres at least over Jono Wright, but to me i hope this is a way of easing him into halfback......?

i also agree with everything natheel says above....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

no idea mate

I just reproduce the official press release we get from the Eels

I think the fact that he's not named for Wenty speaks volumes

True EEL

Bench
no idea mate

I just reproduce the official press release we get from the Eels

I think the fact that he's not named for Wenty speaks volumes

i agree, and also by not naming him as and 18th or 19 man for first grade, there is no real innuendo that maybe he is coming in......i hope he does though

could be the same for Manase if either poore or Benny Smith aren't quite fit

True EEL

Bench
here's hoping they run out as something like:

6. Mortimer
7. Humble
9. Robson
14. M Keating

sorry KK, but we need to get things sorted now with players that are sticking around, form has been way down too

Stagger eel

Staff member
ok, can anyone answer who Cameron Picker is from the NYC?? ..I can't remeber him coming from sg ball team.