What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eelsunlimited.com

Ready4Reddy

Juniors
Nice website banner but just one thing ...I took the photo of Guru @ Kogorah ;-) PG gave me a heads up on Fri that it was being used on the website. I demand that all praise for the magnificence of the photography be sent in my direction!! I don't mind it being used. Quite chuffed AND it looks cool :) Go Parra!
R4R -official sponsor of Ben 2010

nöyd

Staff member
site is dead, courtesy of a cease and desist order issued to me by the NRL

c'est la vie

Suitman

Post Whore
oh! FFS!!!..bring in an IC already...what a f**ken joke.

Please mate.
Convince me that an IC will make a difference in regards to an issue like this.
They'll still be out to increase income and protect their own interest's.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
it was obviously a general comment..

how many other budding league fans who are willing to spend their own time and money to promote the game only to be bullied by a bunch of arseholes in suits.

this game is going to the sh*thouse.
i'm over rugby league at present.
I only really watch parra games now, i used to watch every game every week but i'm sick of the crap the NRL dishes out from it's head office.

born an eel

Bench
they need to be reminded it's the fans game, not their little cash cow. We are the ones who spend the money and time to make it such a big business.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Update

We are working on this with noyd and in short we are hoping the site should be restored soon.

Meanwhile it would be appreciated if we could avoid bagging the NRL till we investigate and get the full story as we dont need to jeopardise our relationship with the NRL.

cheers

The Bassman

Juniors
no probs on the bagging issue ....

but a fan site is a fan site!!

Moderators have the responsibility to vet any comments or articles that they deem unsuitable, and contributors (such as us fans) when we sign on to sites and forums, sign up, knowing that if we make comments that are of a derogitory manner, that they can be deleted or not posted.

It's what we sign up for and we know the score.

But yeah, it's a shame that the site has been closed down.

I do sincerely hope that some common sense can prevail here and we can have the web site back.

Til then, i will wait with baited breathe ... or at least try and get rid of the smell of fish attractant from my mouth !!

Cheers!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
no probs on the bagging issue ....

but a fan site is a fan site!!

Moderators have the responsibility to vet any comments or articles that they deem unsuitable, and contributors (such as us fans) when we sign on to sites and forums, sign up, knowing that if we make comments that are of a derogitory manner, that they can be deleted or not posted.

It's what we sign up for and we know the score.

But yeah, it's a shame that the site has been closed down.

I do sincerely hope that some common sense can prevail here and we can have the web site back.

Til then, i will wait with baited breathe ... or at least try and get rid of the smell of fish attractant from my mouth !!

Cheers!!

sorry but you're way off the mark here, nothing to do with what you are hinting at

we are still investigating as it appears we are not in the wrong at this stage

The Bassman

Juniors
ok ..... read thru some of the initial posts, and while i have only recently joined this website, the eelsunlimited site appeared to be a fan site in the making.

Pictures, videos, submitted articticles.

Was that correct?

If not ... what was the site meant to be?

Just clarify it for me and I will be a happier man !!!

cheers!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ok ..... read thru some of the initial posts, and while i have only recently joined this website, the eelsunlimited site appeared to be a fan site in the making.

Pictures, videos, submitted articles.

thats basically it, all done by the fans

no copyright breaches, hence should be no problems and should be restored soon

nöyd

Staff member
Having only just stepped in the door from work I am glad to say that this issue has been resolved and the site will be back up (hopefully) later tonight, as I am really rushed for time and am about to step back out the door.

Twiz I will PM you later, when I get the chance.

Latest posts